I'm so excited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mimi

Washing Up
Good morning! I'm so happy to meet you all. I receive so many email messages every day, I seldom sign up for anything that might bring more, but in this case, I can't wait.

My great-grandmothers, grandmothers, mother, aunts, etc., were all great cooks, and I used to be. However, because of several years of working on degrees, followed by several years of caregiving, and now, having problems with my own energy levels, I've fallen off the cooking wagon.:( But, I would like to climb back on -- albeit with fairly simple, quick recipes, and especially, ones that are health conscious.

I found your site while looking for light, easy Easter desserts for a family dinner we're going to this evening. I may not find the recipe I need for today, but I'm so happy I found this site and know you will be an inspiration to this tired "Mimi." I'm a'ready to get cookin':chef:

Welcome to DC Mimi,
Happy to have you join the group.Take a look around and put up a question in the topic list for the recipe you were hunting for. Maybe someone will be able to give you a quick answer.
Happy Easter to you.
kadesma:)

Hello! I just signed up a few days ago and I'm already hooked. This site is great!

It's funny that you mention your reason for coming on here. I was put in charge of dessert for my family's Easter dinner, but about half the people who are coming are watching their weight. They asked me to find something relatively light but also flavorful. I started a thread about it if you're interested: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f10/easter-desserts-for-the-diet-conscious-33895.html

Good luck finding what you need! I think you'll like it here. :)

Thanks so much to kadesma, CherryRed and Barb L for welcoming me so quickly, and to CherryRed for the link. I'm going there right now! You all are terrific.

img_426743_0_80cb7af0e025c3bc2ed6566160e2b824.gif

You'll love it here!

dessert

Hi there!

One of my favorite light and quick desserts is angel food cake with light cool whip smothered on it and sliced fresh strawberries (and blueberries) then shaved dark chocolate.... :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy!

:chef:
WORKING FROM HOME AND MAKING LOTS OF GREEN DOUGH!
(I sell vi
tamins if you are interested in them as you said you
have been tired) :)

Mimi said:
Good morning! I'm so happy to meet you all. I receive so many email messages every day, I seldom sign up for anything that might bring more, but in this case, I can't wait.

My great-grandmothers, grandmothers, mother, aunts, etc., were all great cooks, and I used to be. However, because of several years of working on degrees, followed by several years of caregiving, and now, having problems with my own energy levels, I've fallen off the cooking wagon.:( But, I would like to climb back on -- albeit with fairly simple, quick recipes, and especially, ones that are health conscious.

I found your site while looking for light, easy Easter desserts for a family dinner we're going to this evening. I may not find the recipe I need for today, but I'm so happy I found this site and know you will be an inspiration to this tired "Mimi." I'm a'ready to get cookin':chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom