Introducing....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James_T

Cook
Hello I'm James, I was prompted to introduce myself so here goes.

I'm a 31, a one pot fanatic and spice lover. I live in Leicestershire in England and enjoy shopping for local produce when I can and finding new places that sell something special. My favourite channel is UK TV Food. Nigel Slater and Anthony Bourdain are my favourite food authors.

Hope to get to chat with lots of you over time.

Thanks guys, I see most of you are from the States, do you get many members from Great Britain?

There are plenty of people here from Great Britain. While most may be from the States you will see people from all over the world. The Internet has certainly made the world smaller!!!!

Check out our DC Map!!

Last edited:
Thats good to hear, I was just wondering as some terminology differs across the pond, so hopefully some people will understand certain little things that don't quite make sence to others. :chef:

Thats good to hear, I was just wondering as some terminology differs across the pond, so hopefully some people will understand certain little things that don't quite make sence to others. :chef:

LOL - that's what Google is for! :LOL:

I think I altered my post after yours so be sure and check out the link to the DC map in my post above.

Welcome, James!

Looking forward to your sharing some of your one-pot specialties with us!

Lee

Welcome, James!

Looking forward to your sharing some of your one-pot specialties with us!

Lee

I have a few which I'm sure I can out sometime. Stews and curries are the usual nature of things, but with varying flavours from around the world. The first dish I ever really cooked was Jamabalya. There was a recipe for it in a student cookbook I was given when, well, when I was a student :LOL: and didn't know what I was doing. I have developed it over the years, but that is where the love for those dishes began.......oh and the lack of washing up! :)

I have a few which I'm sure I can out sometime. Stews and curries are the usual nature of things, but with varying flavours from around the world. The first dish I ever really cooked was Jamabalya. There was a recipe for it in a student cookbook I was given when, well, when I was a student :LOL: and didn't know what I was doing. I have developed it over the years, but that is where the love for those dishes began.......oh and the lack of washing up! :)

I'm with you there :) I'm looking forward to see one (or two) of your one pot recipes. Welcome.

Welcome to DC - and I too cook so as to create minimal washing up!! I would love to have a house big enough to house a dishwasher. Anywhere in the house. Don't care. For that matter, don't care if it is a mechanical device or a person!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom