Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cookwithlove

Assistant Cook
Hi,
I am know as Cookwithlove. Everythings I do I do it with love. If I can do it, I say can. If I cannot do it, I say cannot, as simply as ABC. I live here in ASIA have been a Professional chefs for many years and know a variety of cuisine except fine dinning which I am trying to catch up with great effort. To be honest my presence here is to learn and share FINE DINNING. I want to be focus otherwise there is no ending. Wherever you may live in this world, in the end of death we are all equal. Le's share and do our best for the human world through cooking.

May everybody live happily.

Cookwithlove

All Sort of Confits/Japanese Leaf

Thanks Learned Chefs for your note of welcome. Warmest Greeting to you.

I came across all sort of confits when I look around ,recipe of chefs all over you name it. Egg confit,tomato confit,garlic confit, salmon,egg plant and others. My question is what exactly is the history or the creator of this dish?

Another question Can anyone tells me the name of a particular Japanese leaf which I attach with photo used as a cold dish decorative as well as in amuse bouche? Sorry I can't upload the photo i have to downsize to 800 by 600.

Cheers!

Follow up

Hi Joann,
Anythings I can share about Asian cuisine especially chinese cooking I will share what i know. I know most of the chinese chefs are very conservative ingrained in their tradition that there will be no teacher if you teach a student to be smart. The old school of thought.I came from a western cooking background and understand the 2 systems of kitchen management and cooking. Sad to say that sometimes the amount of work plus high level of stress does not commensurate with the salary and Asian employers tend to abuse and they have no idea of welfare of staff unless our western counterpart.

Carring and sharing.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ciao and welcome to DC!! Great handle and philosophy!! You are so right, just a touch of love (or bucketful of it maybe!!) makes everything better and little more special!!

I have lived in Italy for several years and came to realise the "Italian food" known and interpreted abroad is quite different from the authentic fare. In your opinion, is Chinese cuisine is the same way? Do you see a lot of difference between what you see in those "chinese restaurants" in other countries and what they actually eat everyday in China?

I am yet to see the picture of the Japanese leaves you have mentioned but could it be "shiso"?
frylotus03.jpg

This is the first thing comes to my mind.

Japanese Leaf

I retake the photo of the Japanese Leaf someone said is Bamboo Leaf. Hope he is wrong. Still can't upload. I chose the smallest size from my cameras 640x480.

The difference between what Chinese restaurant served and what chinese people eat at home there are differences. At home they eat lots of preserved vegetables, egg, all parts of a pig and leftover to recycle and churn into other style. Uses lots of pork fat in their cooking not good for health. Unlike Italian leftover they made into Minestrone with some herb oregano and bay leaf. Why chinese food in restaurant or home task good ? Make a guese and I will share in the next post.

Keep sharing

Sorry I still can't upload my photo of the Japanese Bamoo leaf according to a Chef. My cameras smallest size is 640x480.

Western food are more healthy leftover vegetable in Italian home you make Minestrone soup with herbs. Chinese food in restaurant and home is vastly difference. Only on special occassion you brewed a Herbal chicken or a shark's fin broth with 3/4/5 to 8 treasures you like to call. At home the chinese especially those in China eat lots of preserved vegetable with lots of salt and preserved duck or century eat and any parts of the pig in whatever style you want. the secret ofgood chinese cooking is just a few things. Make a guese? Will share in the next post.

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom