Just another new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edna Mae

Assistant Cook
Hi..I am a mom of 4 grown kids and 9 grandkids and 5 great grandkids. I live 30 miles south of Erie Pa. I live alone so I do not cook a lot like I use to. I like to read a lot and read many different type books. I am also a Civil War buff and have about 30 book on the Civil War. But do not ask me to remember all those facts :) I hope to meet some new friends here and maybe get some recipes that serve one or two. Seems I still make to much when I do cook and end up freezing a lot.

Edna Mae

Hi Edna Mae, welcome to DC! You’ll really like it here. Lot’s of friendly and helpful people. I only cook for two myself, so most of the recipes I post are for two, and I always look for ways to scale down larger recipes. I too end of freezing a lot of stuff, especially soups and stews! ;)

Hi, Edna Mae. Welcome to DC. Like, keltin, I only cook for 2, which is difficult at times because we raised 5 children. When all the children (and their friends) were at home, I had to cook in volume, especially since we have 4 sons. They all but ate the hinges off the refrigerator door.:LOL:

It's taken me quite a while to scale recipes down, and I still end up putting quantities in the freezer. About every 3 months or so, we do something we call "eating down the freezer," which is when all the frozen meals get eaten. We're due for one of those in a few weeks. That'll come in handy as our schedule gets busy with the holidays.

Make yourself comfortable and enjoy our fun, friendly site. We're glad you've found us.

Welcome to DC, Edna!

Yep - when you're used to cooking for a large family it is quite an adjustment scaling back for just 1-2 people. The nice thing is that you can cook one day a week and have enough food in the freezer to last two weeks, or enough to invite a friend over for lunch or dinner so you don't have to eat alone.

Good to have you! Maybe I can learn something from you - I cook for myself but always make a full recipe unless it is easily cut in half. Then I eat the same thing day after day until it's gone. :)

Welcome Edna Mae You are not just a newby you are a valuble person and are most welcomed to our site there is a trmendious group of folks that will bend over backwards to help with cooking ??? As far as cooking for one I use to cook for any where from 500 to 1500 people on any given day now I am a widower and cook for juist myself and there are times I could feed a football team and then the awfull left overs for a week. So feel at home here and sit back relax and enjoy

Back
Top Bottom