Just getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thegrova

Cook
Howdy All

I am Tim, from New Zealand.

I have occasionally visited food forums over the past years and am a bit of a food freak. I love cooking and eating in general. My partner has recently been transfered from Auckland, NZ to New York, NY and has started a 'life in NY' blog. The food passion is something we have shared, so I decided it was time to start a food blog, as a way of keeping in touch with my partner in NY, and with the world. So hello!

Outside of my food related interests, I am an avid gardener.

I work - mostly from home as a mediator and an investigator (harassment disputes and that sort of thing) and find that gardening, cooking and eating is a great way of escaping of the drama of working with people's problems.

My online name comes from the name of one of my blogs - www.homeinagrove.com. Which is about life in our 1880's miners cottage and the surrounding garden.

Thanks to TexanFrench for her fab fruit bread recipe, and to the rest of you for welcoming me to your foodie community.

Welcome aboard Tim, look forward to hearing a lot from you.

Right now in the states the gardens are starting to, or have, come to the end of the season. But we are all looking forward to next year.

As for cooking, wow, we love more input.

Again, welcome.

Thank you all for your warm welcome and kind comments. I look forward sharing lots or recipes and great food ideas with you all!

Thanks jkath for the feedback on the photos - I finally read the manual for the camera. It does make a difference!

Auntdot - I am going to be spending time both in NZ and in NY, (and hopefully SF along the way) and hope to see more of the great parks in the US. Any recommendations of places to visit are welcome.

Caroaon90 - the problem with coming to New Zealand is that once you get here you are unlikely to want to leave!

Welcome Tim! You'll meet new friends here and might even gain a few pounds trying out the great recipes here!

Welcome, Tim, and greetings from the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Glad to have you at DC and looking forward to having you join us in the great U.S. of A.

You're in store for a great adventure at both places. Buckle your seatbelt and enjoy the ride! :)

Back
Top Bottom