"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 09-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Just joined

Hello! Found this group by serendipity! I think it will be fun if I can ever figure out how to navigate this site. Don't have. A computer so I can't post photos of anything. It won't let me import from my phone. Phooey. But, I adore cooking, books, canning, cookbooks and cats, in no special order. Not canning much this year as my garden pretty much is the opposite of lasts year's amazing garden. All I have are green beans and bushels of concord grapes this year. I still have 6 doz jars of jelly from last summer! Think I'll try canning grape butter this year. Well, that's it for now. Gotta' fix my veggie hating picky eater husband some supper. (worse than a little kid! I hope I have a cold ring of bologna to throw him after he doesn't eat supper!) I was a great cook until I got married.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
Head Chef

Welcome to our community

Old 09-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
Senior Cook

TY. I love this so far! Any hints on posting photos from a phone?
Old 09-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberrymocha55 View Post
Hello! Found this group by serendipity! I think it will be fun if I can ever figure out how to navigate this site. Don't have. A computer so I can't post photos of anything. It won't let me import from my phone. Phooey. But, I adore cooking, books, canning, cookbooks and cats, in no special order. Not canning much this year as my garden pretty much is the opposite of lasts year's amazing garden. All I have are green beans and bushels of concord grapes this year. I still have 6 doz jars of jelly from last summer! Think I'll try canning grape butter this year. Well, that's it for now. Gotta' fix my veggie hating picky eater husband some supper. (worse than a little kid! I hope I have a cold ring of bologna to throw him after he doesn't eat supper!) I was a great cook until I got married.
Welcome. We sure seem to have a lot in common. My hubby will eat everything in sight but claims not yo like it. Still he does eat his veggies. I'm busy with the same pursuits as you and many others on this sight. Well just dive in. It's the best way to learn to navigate the sight.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
Senior Cook

TY. I am really enjoying so far! I love to talk food.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberrymocha55 View Post
TY. I love this so far! Any hints on posting photos from a phone?
Welcome Raspberry! If you have an iPhone or Android, you can download the DC app. It's then really easy to post pics, after starting a new post, go to Advanced, at the top right, hit it, and that will pull up a menu that includes Attach from Photos. You can then post your pics.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
Senior Cook

Got the ap, but still having problems. However, I plan to mess with it some more and figure it out. TY.