Just me, another noobster :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On another note, I'm not one to yell at anyone. I recognize that out of everyone the CNA's have a difficult, low paid job. I try to help them anytime I can, in return they help me.

Definitely, they work hard and they don't need people yelling at them. They are supposed to be there to help the residents/patients get ready for the day and if they want to get dressed at 5am...then that's the way it is. If the therapist doesn't like it, then come to work when your charges are ready to get dressed. But don't take it out on the CNA's. I lose more good CNA's to thoughtless others, I'm the one in charge, come talk to me if you have a gripe.

We have CNA's that work with Alzheimer patients at the day care center. What patience they have I have never seen any one of them become exasperated with them. :chef:

I just find that when you are working with patients, whether you are a nurse, a therapist, a CNA.. whatever.. it's tough in that setting and you should have a good heart. :) or good intentions at the very least. :ermm:

I think you have to love/like the elderly...it has to be a vocation, not just a job. I could earn easier money doing other work, but I bet I wouldn't feel as good about my day as I do now.

I think you have to love/like the elderly...it has to be a vocation, not just a job. I could earn easier money doing other work, but I bet I wouldn't feel as good about my day as I do now.

heh, you also have to have tough skin, some of them tell it like it is... I have to say, the mean ol cranky ones are some of my favorites :D

heh, you also have to have tough skin, some of them tell it like it is... I have to say, the mean ol cranky ones are some of my favorites :D

Oh yes! They are the most fun, they keep you on your toes. We even get some young ones, had a 19 year old once that I told him he couldn't call me names until he earned the right to. The day he walked out of the facility he lovingly called me a "B...ch." he earned it by walking from his room to the nurses station, he had a TBI and was unable to walk when we got him.

Oh yes! They are the most fun, they keep you on your toes. We even get some young ones, had a 19 year old once that I told him he couldn't call me names until he earned the right to. The day he walked out of the facility he lovingly called me a "B...ch." he earned it by walking from his room to the nurses station, he had a TBI and was unable to walk when we got him.

Haha! I love it, that's great :heart:

Welcome to DC! My mother was an RN...she hated it when code blue was called, she'd go be with the family rather than the crash cart.

Welcome to DC! My mother was an RN...she hated it when code blue was called, she'd go be with the family rather than the crash cart.

Hi! Thank you for the welcome. :)

Lucky for me, a therapist doesn't get called for the code blue!

Back
Top Bottom