Just me, another noobster :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merlot

Sous Chef
Hi! I have been lurking and posting some, so figured I better introduce myself instead of being that weird girl who just pops in and interrupts your convo. :huh:

I never learned to cook growing up unless you count Kraft mac and cheese (and even then I once caught the stove on fire!) I left home without knowing how to brown hamburger.. no kidding (or do laundry but that's another story). In my early 20's I was engaged to a chef in training and we were together 7 years. He taught me how to do all the prep work at the time but I never actually cooked. I did watch and learn and later when we parted ways I just started doing it on my own. I take great pleasure in cooking and think I am pretty decent at it.

When I am not cooking, I work as a occupational therapist in a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. :)

Other then cooking, I love to read almost anything, play games (Star wars, WOW, RIFT) < yes I am a nerd :glare:.

Nice to meet everyone, this forum has been great so far!! :chef:

Hi! I have been lurking and posting some, so figured I better introduce myself instead of being that weird girl who just pops in and interrupts your convo. :huh:

I never learned to cook growing up unless you count Kraft mac and cheese (and even then I once caught the stove on fire!) I left home without knowing how to brown hamburger.. no kidding (or do laundry but that's another story). In my early 20's I was engaged to a chef in training and we were together 7 years. He taught me how to do all the prep work at the time but I never actually cooked. I did watch and learn and later when we parted ways I just started doing it on my own. I take great pleasure in cooking and think I am pretty decent at it.

When I am not cooking, I work as a occupational therapist in a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. :)

Other then cooking, I love to read almost anything, play games (Star wars, WOW, RIFT) < yes I am a nerd :glare:.

Nice to meet everyone, this forum has been great so far!! :chef:

Welcome aboard Merlot. There are some nice "crazies" here. I am one of them. Your friend 'the chef' was no dummy. He got you to do all the prep work. Then he got all the glory with the cooking. I was married to a chef who trained in Europe at several culinary schools. I learned a lot from him. Although I already knew how to cook from my mother. She taught me on a wood burning stove. I still can tell to this day if the oven is hot enough for a cake. There was no thermometer on the door of the stove. That came later. :chef:

Hi Addie! Thanks for the reply. Crazies... I will fit in nicely :)

I remember him asking me to make a vinaigrette and I was just lost.. I had no idea what to do. When he got back to me I was still standing there without anything made :LOL:

Hi, Merlot! Welcome to DC, and glad you're enjoying!

Last edited:
Hi Josie and Dawgluver! Thank you for the welcome :)

Hello, Merlot!

Small world, I am an RN in a Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center.

Nursing and therapy is both very vital to sending people back to their homes. On the other hand, when I need to rant and rave, I know you will know just where I am coming from :)

Nursing and therapy is both very vital to sending people back to their homes. On the other hand, when I need to rant and rave, I know you will know just where I am coming from :)

We have a thread for "Venting." Feel free to use it. :angel:

Exactly! I've worked with many excellent Therapists in the last 12 years.

Im sure a few bad ones too lol, one of my best friends is a RN :)

There have been a couple I have had to put in their place. No one yells at MY nurses aides, except me and only if they warrant it. I had one that was telling the DON that night shift was putting people to bed in their clothes, on top of the covers. These were two ladies (roommates) who were getting up in the morning, making their beds and getting dressed at earlier and earlier times in the morning, because they were trying to be the first one in the bathroom:LOL: they they would get tired and nap until breakfast. The therapist was going on how it was her JOB to teach them...they learned that one, time to teach them something else...DUH!

There have been a couple I have had to put in their place. No one yells at MY nurses aides, except me and only if they warrant it. I had one that was telling the DON that night shift was putting people to bed in their clothes, on top of the covers. These were two ladies (roommates) who were getting up in the morning, making their beds and getting dressed at earlier and earlier times in the morning, because they were trying to be the first one in the bathroom:LOL: they they would get tired and nap until breakfast. The therapist was going on how it was her JOB to teach them...they learned that one, time to teach them something else...DUH!

Sounds like those two were ready to go home lol.

On another note, I'm not one to yell at anyone. I recognize that out of everyone the CNA's have a difficult, low paid job. I try to help them anytime I can, in return they help me.

Back
Top Bottom