Just registered woohoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rom

Sous Chef
Hi,

I'm Rom, I came across this website today at work by accident. That was it, thats all I did for the rest of the day, just read threads from here! (hiding the window when anyone wlkaewd by, not supposed to be using company resources for personal stuff hehe) couldn't help it, just loved this site, i love recipe ideas and stuff!!!! Couldn't wait to get home and register :)

Just thought I would pop in and say Hi and that I think so many people here have heaps of great cooking ideas and everyone seems so friendly and HELPFUL!!!!

Got to go, just put lamb shamks in the oven and have to tidy the kitchen up.

Cooking some chicken hearts as well (this is what lead me to this site today in the first place :) and also some cous cous with the lamb shank juice.

Ok, have to go but will certainly be back!!!!!!

Rom :)

mmm lamb shanks! I've never roasted them before, just braised them.

How did you do yours, Rom?

Lee

Hi

Thanks :) I am hooked...and i'm back at work so shhhh im not really here :)

mmm the lamb shanks were good, i actually left the wine out of the recipe due to a request for this from my partner, but it actually tasted good without so I didn't mind :)

i basically got 4 lamb shanks
a medium onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic cut in half
fresh parsley chopped
dried mixed herbs
1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- i missed out of 1 cup of wine, so i put 2 1/2 cups stock
put everything in an oven dish
gave it a bit of a swirl
put the shanks in
put it in the over for 2hrs ish (turns shanks over after an dhour of cooking)

i actually tried something i had never done before, i put lamb hearts in the juice cos there is a lot of juice half way through the cooking. I liked it, it was a bit hard for my bf, then i used the juice from the shanks to cook the cous cous, and also roasted some potatoes with tuscan seasoning on them.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking. I'm sorry to say there is no cure for this "addiction" so you'll just have to stay here and suffer with the rest of us. :LOL:

Oh, okay, Rom, so you DID braise them - you just used the oven.

I use a Dutch oven on top of the stove, or a crockpot. Same thing, just what you're used to doing!

Welcome to the forum!

Lee

Thanks kitchenelf

Ohh yeah QSis, I forgot, i browned them in a frypan first and then put them in the juice. Then put them in the oven, then tilted it accidently and got juice all over the oven door grr lol

So yeah i guess i did the braise thing?? :D um exactly what is braising something? (scuse my ignorance :S )

thx sattie...im lucky i am having lunch right now otherwise this site makes me hungry lol

Back
Top Bottom