Kayelle's souschef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Souschef

Sous Chef
Hello all.
I am the other half of Kathy (Kayelle) and Steve. I am her souschef and cleaner upper. Most of the knives and the mandolin are mine.
I have learned a lot from her, and I am sure that folks at Discuss Cooking can benefit from some of her experiences.
Other than helping Kathy cook, I fly for Civil Air Patrol and Angel flight, volunteer at a tourist railroad and a food kitchen.
One of our great loves is travel, and we have done a lot of it since we were married on the Island of Santorini in 2007.
I appreciate all the hints and tips Kathy has learned here. In fact, the Kalua pork she cooked the other night was as good as the pork we got on Kauai.
I think she has posted my recipe for egg foo yung that I brought into the marriage.
I am happy to meet you all and look forward to trying more recipes that Kathy gets from all of you.

Attachments

• IMG_4180.jpg
    IMG_4180.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 278
Oh lordy, Steve, about time you showed up here! I've been enjoying your travelogues, and we adore Kayelle to pieces!

Welcome!

Welcome to DC. How lucky for us to have both of you. And how lucky for Kayelle to have you. I want you to know that I have read all of your travel logs completely. A great read. Thanks for taking the lot of us with you.

As your bride has probably told you, this is a fun place to be. Don't be a stranger and drop by anytime. We are so glad you are here. :angel:

My name tells you what I'm like. But I'll keep this brief. Welcome to DC. Glad to have you here. If your ever in U.P. Michigan, on the East side, I'll fire up the Webber and we'll make some grub.:D

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

40 words...I think this is the shortest intro yet, Chief! I hope you didn't sprain anything.:LOL:

Welcome Steve. I may have just "met" you but I love you already - you do the clean-up! What a lucky lady Kayelle is!

Don't be shy - keep stopping by.

Aloha Braddah Steve!

WOW! A husband and wife team on DC, that's righteous man!
So glad that you enjoyed the Kalua Pig dude! Try it in a Hawaiian Sweet Roll (King's Bakery Portuguese Sweet Bread) as a slider, ONO! We had Kalua Pig and Cabbage the other night with rice.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!!

PSSSSSSST please post link to your egg foo yung recipe. :chef:

Welcome, Steve! Although, you have been here vicariously for eons. Nice to know you really do exist and are not a figment of Kayelle's imagination (although, you may be a figment of other DCers' imagination--to have my very own souschef and cleaner upper!) One can always dream.

Hi Steve. Glad you joined us. I'm sorry I didn't notice until today. I saw your post in the supper thread. Have fun here.

40 words...I think this is the shortest intro yet, Chief! I hope you didn't sprain anything.:LOL:

rofl!!!

welcome sous, or do you just prefer steve.

it's good to have a fly boy around. my son and i fly a lot of flight simulators. we just did the sims at the uss intrepid museum last weekend. the little guy can't wait to be a pilot someday.

I get no respect, no respect.

Prifi, you just wish you had my vocabulary, so's you could be as verbose. I can feel it trying to burst forth from your ogress highness. I think Shrek just has you trained to keep quiet.:LOL:

Steve, I'm no pilot, but used to fly on dirt bikes. Does that count. Oh, and I got a ride on a US Navy S3-A Viking, and the pilot did acrobatics. I was good with the high-speed turns, the tree-top flying, the loops, and everything he threw the plane into, except the fast rolls. That's where the barf-bag became useful.:ROFLMAO:

I also used to dive, kind of like flying, but under water, and with no craft around you.

So, I don't see a signature dish from you yet. Surely you have a signature dish to share with us.:D

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom