Knock knock knock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...If you do make an inappropriate post, there is always a moderator or administrator on duty and it will be removed promptly. Then you will receive a private message telling you why it was removed. But it is always handle delicately. :angel:

Um, would you so happen to be speaking from experience?
innocent0009.gif

By the way Ahoymatey, what part of Pennsylvania are you from? My husband and I have had a couple opportunities to go through a few years ago. In the northern part we tried our first Gob Cake. Then in Pittsburgh we had our first sandwiches (mine was pastrami, can't remember what he got) with french fries in them.

I know what you are saying. I too have a strange sense of humor. I try to see the funny side of everything. But the strongest language I have ever used in this forum is (block your ears) Dag Nab It! And my strongest word is "Dang!" I am sure everyone is now tsk tsking and clucking their tongues. "That Addie is out of control again!"

If you do make an inappropriate post, there is always a moderator or administrator on duty and it will be removed promptly. Then you will receive a private message telling you why it was removed. But it is always handle delicately. :angel:

Oh I'm not talking about swearing even though I do swear when speaking but it takes too long to write it out plus I try not to offend people. I do have this odd sense of fart humor though. I just can't outgrow it & I don't think I ever will.

You should have seen all the men laughing when I walked in, pretended to squeeze my belly & asked.... are farts suppose to be lumpy. One of the guys had tears in his eyes from laughing so hard. They call me the crew mom because I am the oldest one on our crew & they didn't think that an older woman would ever come out and say something like that but then again, I felt the need to break the ice a bit.

We now have one man who is the oldest on our crew, he transferred from the other crew so at least I'm not the oldest even though I still get called 'mom' a lot.

Trust me, there is no sense of humor like that of a Nightshift nurse...

Told mt nephew (who loves cats) that's why we kept cats, raising them for teriyaki...we usually serve venison at Christmas and rabbit at Easter.:LOL:

But seriously, Welcome.

Nurses have to have a great sense of humor. You see too much in your line of work. I could never do it but I am thankful there are people like you that can handle it.

I want to eat at your house on holidays! I'd love that menu! I like doing lamb sometimes at Easter, it keeps my husband's one aunt away because she thinks that I'm being cruel by eating it on that holiday. I never thought of doing deer at Christmas but I may have to do that this year if I'm home for the holiday.

By the way Ahoymatey, what part of Pennsylvania are you from? My husband and I have had a couple opportunities to go through a few years ago. In the northern part we tried our first Gob Cake. Then in Pittsburgh we had our first sandwiches (mine was pastrami, can't remember what he got) with french fries in them.

I've never heard of a cob cake sandwich. I'm in a county named Schuylkill, it's in the southern tier of the northeast part of the state. My area is full of Pa Dutch & we think the western part of the state eat some strange stuff. The way to pronounce my county is like this.... Skook Kull. It's a coal mining county & I am not sure but I believe it may be one of the poorest counties in the state. I moved here from Berks county in 1997. Reading is the largest city in Berks & has a high crime rate. I carry 2 handguns if I have to enter that city now, it's that bad. I was born there & our family moved in 1977 after being robbed 4 times in 8 years.

if you get to come to this state again, go to a store & ask for Lebanon bologna at the deli. It's soooooo good.

Nurses have to have a great sense of humor. You see too much in your line of work. I could never do it but I am thankful there are people like you that can handle it.

I want to eat at your house on holidays! I'd love that menu! I like doing lamb sometimes at Easter, it keeps my husband's one aunt away because she thinks that I'm being cruel by eating it on that holiday. I never thought of doing deer at Christmas but I may have to do that this year if I'm home for the holiday.

Rudolph for dinner...the nephew is old enough now he just rolls his eyes and shakes his head. I have to try my tricks on the grandkids now.

I like the fart thing! ROFL!!! They are a running joke in our house...

There's a Wegman's warehouse along I-81 in my county. I worked there for a few months after my MIL passed away & I didn't know what to do with myself. I took care of her for 3 years before she passed so I felt lost & took her death very hard. I was in the produce dept. working in a giant fridge that they keep at 34 degrees. It was a hard job & I don't like being as physical as I had to be there plus you are always frozen to the bone. They brought in some really neat foods though. I still want to try the lobster mushrooms I saw there.

I have a friend who is a neurologist, she doesn't understand my fascination about passing gas but her husband & I will sit there & joke about the most juvenile stuff. She's too smart for her own good & can't comprehend simple stuff.

I have 3 more nights of work until I go on vacation for a week. I pick up my new puppy this Sunday at 4:30 in the afternoon. I may not be around a lot for a bit until I work with the puppy.

Welcome! yes, we're from all around and it is great. A very cosmopolitan web site. and not just about food. I even had someone (thank you Princess) answer a medical question I'd spent the day calling every medical source I knew of locally for my mom, who lives across the country from me. Relieved her, but I was so stressed out that I walked in my sleep that night and broke my hip!

I've never heard of a cob cake sandwich. I'm in a county named Schuylkill, it's in the southern tier of the northeast part of the state. My area is full of Pa Dutch & we think the western part of the state eat some strange stuff. The way to pronounce my county is like this.... Skook Kull. It's a coal mining county & I am not sure but I believe it may be one of the poorest counties in the state. I moved here from Berks county in 1997. Reading is the largest city in Berks & has a high crime rate. I carry 2 handguns if I have to enter that city now, it's that bad. I was born there & our family moved in 1977 after being robbed 4 times in 8 years.

if you get to come to this state again, go to a store & ask for Lebanon bologna at the deli. It's soooooo good.
It was actually a cake - Gob Cake. Chocolate, with a lot of marshmallow fluff. The sandwich we had was later, in Pittsburgh. It was a pastrami sandwich stuffed with french fries. Very weird, but oddly good. Since we are trying not to eat much starch anymore, that one would definitely be off limits!

Thanks for the information about your area. :)

On my side of the state our big favorite cake is a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.

Welcome! yes, we're from all around and it is great. A very cosmopolitan web site. and not just about food. I even had someone (thank you Princess) answer a medical question I'd spent the day calling every medical source I knew of locally for my mom, who lives across the country from me. Relieved her, but I was so stressed out that I walked in my sleep that night and broke my hip!

Ouch. I hope all is well for you now.

welcome, matey.

you should fit in really well here.

are you into boating? (as per your username)

If you do make an inappropriate post, there is always a moderator or administrator on duty and it will be removed promptly. Then you will receive a private message telling you why it was removed. But it is always handle delicately. :angel:

anywho, welcome once again, matey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a beginner at the cruising world. We took 2 cruises last year. One in March and the other one over Christmas. We were suppose to go on the Monsters of Rock cruise this year back in March but 3 weeks before the cruise we had to put our beloved dog, Boomer, to sleep. His little body was full of cancer and his sister was never alone before. They were from the same litter and they were/are puppy mill dogs so Smokey took it so hard that there was no way we could leave her. She was so sad and all she did was mope around crying.

We were going to do that cruise and another one this Christmas again but since we rescued a one year old cocker/dachshund, Penny, and we are getting an 8 week 3 day old male cocker this Sunday we cancelled all cruises for this year so we can work on training the new crew.

We are flying to Bermuda this summer though. We had to use the flight tickets or we would have lost our money. We hired a profession dog sitter this time since we are going to have a young puppy. We plan on camping a lot though. Smokey loves camping.

Maybe we can get back to cruising next year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom