Knock knock knock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My new puppy, who we think may end up being named Tucker, is a cocker spaniel. He's a lighter tan & he is full of spunk. I'm getting too old to be breaking in a new puppy but he's just so adorable. I got him from a hoarder so I guess you can say I rescued him from a life of being in a crate.

Then my number one dog is also a cocker. Her name is Smokey (long story behind that name), she will be 8 in July. She's a puppy mill dog. She's white with buff colored spots. I just lost her brother 8 weeks ago from cancer on Feb 25. I miss him terribly.

Then the 3rd one I have, who I also took from the hoarder is Penny. He claims she's half cocker, half long haired dachshund but to me she looks like a mini Irish setter. The vet agrees that we just started a new breed. She's in surgery right now. She has a belly button hernia that she was born with & she's being spayed.

So, for now, my family is complete & when I lose another kid (that's what I call them) there will always be 2 here so the survivors aren't lost the way my Smokey girl was when we lost her brother, Boomer.

I thought I would have all this time to play in the kitchen & I don't. This is a hard week full of a lot of work tending to the new brew so I am eating mostly junk :( but it will all be worth it once everyone is healthy & trained. I'll go back to eating properly & healthy some other time.

M...I thought I would have all this time to play in the kitchen & I don't. This is a hard week full of a lot of work tending to the new brew so I am eating mostly junk :( but it will all be worth it once everyone is healthy & trained. I'll go back to eating properly & healthy some other time.

Isn't that the case? Our kids always take priority and our own to-do list waits... And waits... And waits...

It sure is. No matter what, if I crate the puppy he pees all over himself. The crate is so small and it fits him well enough that he shouldn't be doing this.

I had to drop off Penny this morning and I knew what I would be coming home to so I treated myself out to breakfast first. Yum yum, I had two pancakes with grape jelly! I don't eat syrup.

Then my friend brought me a smaller crate and when I left to go pick Penny up from her surgery I thought I'd come home to a clean and dry puppy. Nope, again he is now wrapped up in a dry towel being held by me while he dries from his second bath of the day.

He's so lucky he is so gosh darn cute or he would go out with the trash! I keep telling him that's what I'm going to do but he doesn't believe me! Haha

Oh yeah, the doctor who monitored Penny's meds during surgery figured out what kind of dog she is, she is part Cocker and King Charles! Which means she will always be a Mona's girl!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom