knock knock, may I come in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DOpig

Assistant Cook
Hi my name is Rich. I have been lurking on this site for a while and have decided take the plunge. I am a retired police officer :pig:. Since retiring I have tried to help the DW by cooking dinner because she is still working. I also enjoy cooking in Dutch ovens. :chef: I have learned lots from this site and hope to learn more.

Welcome, Rich!

You cooking in Dutch ovens inside, outside the kitchen? Competitions?

Lee

Hi Rich,
Welcome to dc..Many hours of learning, sharing, meeting some nice people..Lots of them more than willing to help. Come in and enjoy
kadesma:)

Welcome, Rich!

You cooking in Dutch ovens inside, outside the kitchen? Competitions?

Lee

I'll cook in them indoors and outdoors. Oh no, no competitions. Not skilled enough for that. I like watching them though.

Oink, oink, Rich, :LOL:

Welcome to DC. Perhaps you'll try your hand at baking bread in your DOs. It's the cooker of choice for many of us bread bakers. Check out the NYT Bread Thread and subsequent threads about this simple, delicious bread made in dutch ovens. Be sure to look at my Parchment Paper Tutorial to make it even easier.

JoeV

Thanks JoeV.

I have tried the NYT bread once and having just read your tutorial I found out where I went wrong. I didn't do the second rise. The taste was good, it was just a little heavy. I really do want to learn to bake bread in my dutch.

Back
Top Bottom