Leftover Ingredients

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richriley

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone. Looking forward to some good cooking discussions.

Heres a start. I have made some tarts using a single cream and whole egg mixture however there is loads leftover and not sure how I can use this as I hate waste.

Hi everyone. Looking forward to some good cooking discussions.

Heres a start. I have made some tarts using a single cream and whole egg mixture however there is loads leftover and not sure how I can use this as I hate waste.

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

How about making a quiche? You can add any veggies and cheeses you like, and chicken or bacon, put the mixture in a crust and bake for about an hour. It's good hot or warm or cold.

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

How about making a quiche? You can add any veggies and cheeses you like, and chicken or bacon, put the mixture in a crust and bake for about an hour. It's good hot or warm or cold.

That sounds good, GG. I'm thinking about trying something similar, but putting ham slices in my muffin tins and using that as a type of crust.

My wife does that as part of her diet they turn out quite nice and that is coming from someone who isn't that big a quiche fan.

My wife used fry light. Altho I did some today for her and they didn't stick that badly. Fry light is good cos its a fine mist over the whole mould

I have Pyrex six ounce custard cups which are the perfect size for leftover quiche.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom