lindylu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lindylu

Assistant Cook
Hi Everyone, I've joined up today and look forward to being part of your happy group. I live in Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape, South Africa and love to cook. My other favourite pass time is golf:chef:

Welcome to DC lindylu! Look around, join in on the conversations, and have fun.

Hi Everyone, thanks for making me so welcome. One thing worrying me, I am not an assistant cook, not sure where that came from. I am in Real Estate, just love to cook.

I have heard so much about Pumpkin Pie, is it only eaten at Thanksgiving time? If someone would like to share their recipe with me I would really like to make it.

lindylu - Assistant Cook refers to how may posts you have made here at DC. The more you post the higher you move up the cooking ladder. :chef:

Pumpkin Pie can be eaten anytime, traditionally it is eaten at Thanksgiving but there is no hard rule about not making it any time you want it.

Of couse at the moment there is no canned pumpkin available in the US. :(

Hi DaveSoMd, thanks for that, can you not make it with fresh pumpkin?

Yes, if you can find fresh pumpkin you can definately make pumpkin pie. But finding fresh pumpkin out-of-season here is not easy. There is not a big demand for fresh pumpkin here for cooking. The largest demand is in the fall for decorations and Halloween.

I am going to try growing my own pumpkins this year.. wish me luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom