"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 02-11-2005, 06:04 AM   #1
Cook

May I introduce myself...in late?

Hi there! :)
I am discovering this site every time I come into.
I think it is polite to let you know something about me.
It is never too late...
I am Italian (from the south - Calabria -). I was born on 3th of April. Yes, I am an Aries... I am a real "capatosta"!
I have worked as tax collector even if I have a diploma for screenplaying, subject and direction. For this reason I am not able to watch TV and movies like a normal person! :)
I love writing, reading, English language, music and... I adore cats! I think I was a siamese long time ago!
I like USA because I love its contrast, I love its wooden houses with the gardens, the lights during Christmanstime and many other things. I think it is the only country where I could live well after Italy.
I have two children: Irene (10 years) is very very clever at drawing. She is the artist of the family and attend a drama course for theatre. Lorenzo (6 years) is fond of football. He plays for a team. He is clever at math in fact he is very sharp for everyhing.
I like shining colors: my car is...pink!

I don't know what I have to add. I wish we could stay well together even if we are far and we can only see the screen of a PC... Maybe I will post one photo of mine. I can assure I am not a Pacchiana!

Bye bye!

Annamaria.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:09 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
it's great to finallt know a little about you. and you're right. it's never too late. i always wanted to visit italy, and speak italian. annamaria i envy you lol.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:22 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Hi Annamaria. I can only dream of going to Italy! Happy you found us. :D
Old 02-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #4
Master Chef

Welcome, Annamaria--we're so happy you found us and we found you!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:46 AM   #5
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
It's nice to get to know you Annamaria! :D
Old 02-11-2005, 10:55 AM   #6
Chief Eating Officer

It is so nice to know more about you. I hope one day to visit Italy. It seems like the people there truly know how to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:51 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hello and welcome to our little group.

I have been lucky enought to visit your country and it is a place of beauty!
Hubby and I can't wait to go back. We have friends that live in the Piedmont area of Italy ... are you any where near there? We met them while we were traveling in Greece and plan on someday visiting them. Wonderful people. I have another 'email'' friend that lives in the same area so...someday WE WILL RETURN!!! lol.

Glad to have you with us.

smiles, Trish
Old 02-11-2005, 12:12 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Nice to meet ya!
Old 02-12-2005, 07:02 AM   #9
Head Chef

Nice to meet you Annamaria and welcome to a great site. I'm sure you will enjoy it here as there are many very nice folks here. :D
Old 02-12-2005, 07:49 AM   #10
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
It is so nice to know more about you. I hope one day to visit Italy. It seems like the people there truly know how to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.
It depends... there are Italians and... Italians. I could say that in the south we are more welcome than people living in the north. But it's not the whole truth because I have met wonderful people coming from Milan or Venice. Also romans are not so warm to the people. In the south we use to give some special dish to the people who live near our home. For ex. on Christmas we give some kind of fried pizza. When I got Rome I made it and gave to some of my neighbours, well... someone accepted other ones refused. We never refuse. If we don't like the introduction in our life we say: Thank you! You know there are non verbal messages...
I mean that you can let understand "I don't want" without refusing a kindness but also with a "thank you".
maybe I am not able to let me understand... my English leaves me!

Annamaria