Missing Descoware handle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

queenrayna

Assistant Cook
Hi, i am new to the forum and happy to have found you! I recently bought a 9 1/2" Descoware skillet at a garage sale. It's perfect except that it's missing its wood handle. Any ideas on how i can get one? i've been looking on Ebay but they all seem to have pots attached to them!

thank you!

First, welcome queenrayna. You'll like it here at DC.

Ouch! The handle thing is a bit of a challenge, isn't it? I would've gone first to eBay just as you did. My second avenue would be to go to my husband, Buck, who is a fine woodworker and furniture restorer. He's repaired/replaced parts of some of my kitchen tools and made brand new ones, too. But, unfortunately for you, he doesn't live at your house.

However, having said that, you might want to look for woodworkers in your area. Especially those who do wood turning. It appears that you need a dowel-like piece of hardwood with a hole drilled the length of it so it can be secured to your skillet. Can't tell from any of the pictures on eBay how the handle is attached. That would be my suggestion. Best of luck on solving your dilemma.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom