My great-grandaughter's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Elizabeth was born at 5:15 this evening, to my 16 year old grand-daughter. She weighs 7 lbs. 6 oz, is 22" long, and has bright red hair, like her mommy, Megan.

Sixteen sure is young to be a parent. We are estranged from Megan, due to circumstances beyond our control, but we are praying for her and her baby, and hope you will, too.

Geez...GREAT-grandmother? I was grandmother at 41, and now I'm great-grandmother at 61.

This is blowing my mind. Sure wish I could get ahold of that baby, but there's no chance.:(

Thanks for sharing your news with us, Constance. I understand about estrangements. Something you have no control over sometimes. Sounds like you'd be able to lend some compassionate and wise counsel to Megan...hope things get better. And congratulations!

How wonderful and sad at the same time. I hope that you can let Megan know you care what happens to her and her baby. This may be a chance to heal old wounds and start the reconciliation process. We'll definitely keep her and your whole family in our prayers.

Connie,
all of you are in my thoughts..I know how I adore my grandkids and I'm praying you may get the chance to renew your ties with Megan and that new beautiful baby.
kadesma

Such wonderful news, Connie! Congratulations on the newest addition to your family! I can't believe you are a great grandmother, either, but it's amazing. You're right, 16 is young to begin parenting. I was married at 15 and my oldest daughter was born 2 months before my 17th birthday. At the time, I had no idea what was in store for me but I can honestly say it was and is still one of the most wonderful moments in my life. I was born to be a mother and I have loved every second of it! So for your granddaughter Megan on this special day, I wish her all of the joy and happiness I have had raising my children. And for you Connie, I look forward to the day when you hold little Elizabeth in your arms - the proud matriarch of your family!

It is very young, but I pray for her that she will be a good parent and this will help break the estrangement.

I have a friend who was grandma at 34!!! I wasn't even a dad at that age.

I can't say it any better than everyone has already said it. I am praying for you, Megan, and the baby.

...I have a friend who was grandma at 34!!! I wasn't even a dad at that age.
Loretta Lynn was 28 when she became a grandmother. Yikes!

:)Barbara

Congratulations! I wouldn't think that there is no chance of seeing her. People change, and sometimes it takes something like the birth of a sweet baby to warm people's hearts.

The problem has been with our son's ex-wife. Perhaps when Megan is old enough to get out from under her mother's wing, she will remember that she has grandparents in Illinois.

Constance,

I hope that one day you'll be able to see your great-granddaughter ;o)
But most of all it's important that everyone is healthy and strong!

Constance, as long as there's life, there's hope. Sixteen is young to be a Mom, but I will throw up some timbers for your granddaughter. Please don't say that you won't get a chance to hold that precious baby.

If your prayer is that Megan and your sweetheart Elizabeth be reconciled to the family, then bring your speech in line with your prayers. The roles of grandparents and great grandparents are significant within the extended family. Parents can be so busy with the business of earning a living, and attending to all the necessary responsibilities of raising children. But, "Grands" have time to impart the wisdom and special nurturing that only they can give. Your contribution is priceless.

Constance, You have a deposit to make in the lives of Megan and your great granddaughter, and I am persuaded that He who sits high, and looks low knows that, too. Nothing happens behind His back. I'll also ask a few friends to pray for your family as well. Pray and believe.

Congratulations! Keep hope that you will soon have both of your babies in your arms, and make sure you let it be known you are wanting very much to see them, don't assume your grand daughter knows, you don't know what she has been led to believe! Speak your heart to her, most new mothers will want that love surrounding their baby!! :) Blessings and prayers to you!!

Back
Top Bottom