My introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitche

Assistant Cook
Hello I'm Mitche (Michael Mitchell). I love cooking. I spend a lot of time on the back porch relaxing or at the grill. I experiment smoking meat, rubs, and marinades. I make meads. I always have a mead project in mind. Looking forward to Discussing Cooking with every one on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello I'm Mitche (Michael Mitchell). I love cooking. I spend a lot of time on the back porch relaxing or at the grill. I experiment smoking meat, rubs, and marinades. I make meads. I always have a mead project in mind. Looking forward to Discussing Cooking with every one on the forum.

Well, I am sure you will hear for the Chief very shortly. He's from your part of the country. As are a few more members. Lots of members from all over the globe. But we all speak food.

And as far as grilling and smoking, you are going to be inudated with so many replies and intros. I think I am the only one who doesn't grill or smoke. :angel:

Howdy!
Welcome to D.C.!
Mead, you say?
I like me some mead. Haven't made any in a number of years.
Good stuff!

Well shivers me timbers mate, wouldn't mead be something King Henry III would have been familiar with? Please explain to my old forgetful brain what it is again? I think it is mulled wine? :angel:

addie, meade is a drink made from honey.

welcome, mitche.

do you have an apiary, or do you buy your raw honey?

I will buy local raw honey. I wish I could have an apiary. And then minimally pasteurize it at 150 degrees for 10 minutes. Add fruit and other ingredients, let it cool then add yeast.

Very interested in your recipes, particularily the mead. My BIL dabbles in beer and mead-making.

I'm always thinking about what would be a good flavor. My next mixology will be apricot. I still trying to master delicate flavors at 15% alcohol.
And I have to Prepare for the county fair in August. I tried beer but I don't drink enough of it and wine is easier to pass to the neighbors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom