My new life as a student!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SneakyLilly

Assistant Cook
heya! so i joined the forum, hoping someone could help me and my two roomates (actually hostfamily, but it's too weird for us to say "hostparents") with our baking. I am 17, D is 26 and A is 27. we (read: they) are really good at making dinner, but none of us has really tried to bake before, so that's something we want to try out :) so my question is, does anyone know something we can bake, that aren't too difficult?? :angel:
xx

Make some nice cocoa brownies. This is a great recipe Cocoa Brownies Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

there's also a good video. Alton Brown uses a mixer but you can easily do this by hand.

brownies.jpg

how about some fun-to-make easy doughnuts, using biscuit dough? these are simply shaped and then fried in oil and dusted with powdered sugar. welcome to dc. :)

Janet H: I will definitely try the brownies! thank you! :D

vitauta: do you have a recipe I can use?? :)

look up on the internet under easy doughnuts--there are several recipes and videos. sorry, i don't know how to make that connection with my computer. i think they come out best making doughnut holes (using a bottle cap or shot glass) though. all you really need is a canister of good brand name biscuits like pillsbury grands, oil for frying, and sugar (plus cinnamon) for coating. this is not so much a recipe as it is a quick fix treat for hungry students....:)

Hi. Welcome. Check out the thread that ran a few months back on making cookies using cake mixes, or just use any dry cake mix, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup of oil. Mix all together and drop by the teaspoon onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 9 minutes. You can add chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, or whatever you want. I like to use chocolate mix, and roll them in powdered sugar before baking. You can also use vanilla mix and roll in cinnamon and sugar before baking. The possibilities are endless!

Back
Top Bottom