MysteryChef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysterychef

Senior Cook
Hello, I am new to this forum. I find people here to be friendly and very help full. I recently retired as a Chef. I am currently working 3rd shift 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM as a Staff Attendant in an assisted living facility right next to my home. I am basically a 'Night Watchman'' who monitors the building all the alarms and am available to asst calling 911 for emergencies for our 50 residents.I work 40 hrs a week but consider myself semi-retired after working the long hours in food service for so many years.A few years ago I worked here as a weekend Chef as well as my full time position. I miss everything about being a Chef accept the long hours.I now have time to chat with people on the D.C. forum and find it something special. When I signed up for D.C. somehow the words assistant cook showed up under my handle I read what was said about going to the settings and options but cant seem to navigate changing this heading [to Chef Recently Retried]. Any help would be appreciated, Thank You ''Mysterychef''

Hello MysteryChef, welcome to DC. I made you your own thread for your welcome!

"Assistant Cook" this is a title based on your number of posts, everyone starts out on the forums as an "Assistant Cook".

Welcome to DC! I look forward to your recipes and hearing about your experience!

Welcome to DC. Keep posting and you will climb our corporate ladder. This is a fun place to be. Lots of laughs. Plenty of help. And a place to make some fine friends. :angel:

Last edited:
Thank You for The welcoming, Also thank you for the explanation to my question. We are having a very wet and cool June in my area. Native strawberries will be delayed a while. When I was a young we picked strawberries for 10 cents a basket, [about 3/4 of a quart] for local farmers. If I remember right we ate almost as many as we picked. Looking forward to chatting with everyone in the future. mysterychef

welcome to dc, mysterychef. 'assistant cook', the cooking title assigned to every new dc member, can certain be initially confusing. if there is a practical purpose to this peculiar system of classifying members by their postings, i don't know what it might be. especially since we certainly don't attach much significance to titles of any kind at this dc forum. to me, it is simply an anomaly, to go along with a whole host of other lovable oddities
for which dc is known....anyhoo, mysterychef, we are glad you have joined us, and eager to learn more about you and your cooking experiences....:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom