n00b in Northern VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even more great advice, already! Enchilada night is coming up next Monday, so I'll be ready!

Speaking of garlic, GotGarlic - I used garlic cloves for the first time on Sunday! My fiancee and I made bruschetta from scratch. We got a baguette and cut it into bite-size pieces, then put them in the oven for a bit. Once they started getting a golden color, we took them out and rubbed garlic on them. I was amazed! It was like butter melting right into the bread. The smell was so good. After that we put some olive oil on it, mozzarella cheese, and put it into the oven some more. Once the cheese was melted, we topped it off with diced tomatoes (canned...sorry :neutral:) and basil.

We made a bunch and brought it to a party. They went over VERY well. People were eating them like chips. :-p

I love bruschetta! Yours sounds really good. In the summer, I make it with fresh pesto from fresh basil and parsley from my garden, topped with garden tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. I also recently made some for a party with goat cheese and roasted red and yellow peppers marinated in olive oil, red-wine vinegar, garlic, and oregano - they were delicious.

Oooh...those sound good. I love oregano. I might just have to try that recipe this weekend when I visit my parents for Easter. :D

Is it possible to write up a step-by-step for it, GotGarlic? Times, etc. If you already have it somewhere here, just let me know and I'll search for it when I get home today.

Never roasted veggies before, and I've only marinated something once.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom