New.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dedhead54

Assistant Cook
A little bio info:

I'm an 18 year old male college student that likes to cook but doesn't have all that much time to. So when I do cook I want to make sure it's all excellent, which is where reading this forum and getting some superb recipies comes in to play.

Hope I can learn a lot and perhaps share some stuff with the community as well.

Welcome to the site! You will get some great info here I am sure.
I like the name. Are you into the dead?

Yeah, somewhat. I used to be into them big-time but I have my other favorites these days. These days I'm more into bands I can go see live still.

Yeah I hear that. So what do you listen to now? I am always on the lookout for new music. I love the dead and I am a huge Phish fan as well as Yonder Mountain String Band, String Cheese, moe., MMW, etc, but i am kind of burned out on a lot of that and need to infuse some new tunes into my collection.

Some favorites include Umphrey's McGee, The Disco Biscuits, moe., The Mars Volta, Perpetual Groove, Phish (haven't gotten burned out on them totally, yet...), Sound Tribe Sector 9, Widespread Panic, Lotus, Pnuma...to list a few.

Love all the bands you listed as well, except maybe SCI... can't get into them.

And thanks for the welcome everybody. :)

I used to love Disco Biscuits, but I am not too into them anymore. occasionally I will pull out a show of theirs though and be blown away. I saw Umphrey last summer and was very impressed. I have never heard of The Mars Volta or Perpetual Groove. I will have to check them out!

DEFINITELY check out TMV and P-Groove. The Mars Volta is not in the same genre as any of those other bands, I don't know exactly what I'd call it. It's pure rock though. Check out De-Loused in The Comatorium and Frances the Mute by them.

Perpetual Groove is a jamband plain and simple. Check out www.archive.org and download some of their live shows or check out their studio CD's, All This Everything and Sweet Oblivious Antidote.

I agree tDB fell off for a while but I have quite a few shows from their 06 tours that are killer. They're coming back and coming back strong.

It's great to see someone with the same musical tastes here. Now I'll stop rambling...:ermm:

I love archive.org. What a great resource! OK you have convinced me. I am gonna download some stuff tonight (maybe even some new biscuits :))

welcome to your terrapin station ded. glad you came truckin' in.
sit back, and dream of sugar magnolias.

(watch out for mudbug. she lives on shakedown street. just gotta poke around...)

Ded, do not listen to buckytom. He is an evil Irishman and will woo you away from brown-eyed women and red grenadine to girls with big hair from joisey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom