New and Bewildered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bgoogle

Assistant Cook
I titled this New and Bewildered because I am both. New explains itself, but I am bewildered because I have never joined a forum like they have nowadays. I belonged to some forums way, way back, even before there was an internet, but those worked differently and two of the ones I was in morphed into long, long term email groups that continue to this day. This format is one I've never tried before and I hope I can find a way to make it "flow". Right now I'm just scratching my head.

I am a retired social worker. I lost my soul mate of 48 years three years ago. I have been an avid cook since I was a child. I had one year of home ec in junior high and I wish everyone could have an experience like I had. I learned so much and continue to reference things I learned in that class that are tucked away in my brain. That was 58 years ago and I'm still thankful for it. I can't say I have any particular thing I like to cook as I dabble in many European cuisines, Chinese, Thai, Indian, Moroccan and other north African, Latin American of various kinds. I do not enjoy baking. I can do it and do it well, but I don't LIKE it, LOL. Right now I'm faced with Thanksgiving. The cooking I love. The baking I do not, emphatically.

Welcome bgoogle! I'm sure you will get the hang of this format quickly. It's a lot of fun. You join a good group of folks who like to cook. We do have some bakers here too for those of us who are baking challenged. The nice thing is you can set up your account to get notifications as often as you want. That way you can keep up with what's going on in topics you're interested in without logging in every time.

Hi Bgoogle, welcome to DC. I, too, love to cook but don't really like baking. I suspect there are others on the forum that are the same. As for the format of modern forums, how easy or difficult they are to adjust to depends on how well they are organized and how good their search functions are. This one is well laid out and organized and the search runs through Google so it's very good. I think you'll find it pretty easy to adjust to.

Welcome to DC! I'm another who enjoys cooking, but not baking, even though I can bake. Navigating this site gets easier with practice, with a lot of friendly folks happy to help.

Hello BG, I had never belonged to a forum before and this is the only one I belong to now. I'm sure that you will get the hang of it soon. It is fun, informative and, on the whole they are not a bad crowd!! Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom