New & Clueless about cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robin

Senior Cook
Hello,

I am new and decided to look for a cooking forum after looking at some recipe's on cooks.com and still not understanding what all the ingredients are. :ermm: What is Cream of Tartar? I'm trying to make this: http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1710,152191-245204,00.html

I thought it would be a nice treat for my family but since I don't have a clue when it comes to cooking maybe one of you guys/gals might be able to help me. My goal this year has been to try to learn more about cooking. We are all very tired of the same ol food we have ate for 7 years so it's time to try something new. :angel:

Any help would greatly be appreciated. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Hi Robin, welcome to the site!

Re cream of tartar: I found this definition on the web: white crystalline powder. Chemically it is potassium hydrogen tartrate, KC [SIZE=-1]4[/SIZE] H [SIZE=-1]5[/SIZE] O [SIZE=-1]6[/SIZE] , the acidic potassium salt of tartaric acid . It is used as the leavening agent in baking powders. An impure form, called tartar or argol, forms naturally during the fermentation of grape juice into wine and crystallizes in the wine casks.

You can find it in the baking aisle, probably somewhere close to the nutmeg & cinnamon.

Welcome to DC Robin! Sure you will love it here, and you have come to the right place for cooking!

Also, there is a cooking links contest in full force, so check out the cooking links for sites filled with recipes! There are lots of new sites being added daily too! Again, welcome home!

Robin said:
when it comes to cooking maybe one of you gays/gals might be able to help me.

Surely, Robin!! We are all here to help and entertain each other, having great fun along the way... I hope you will just jump in and mingle with us... by the way there are also many "guys" who are excellent cooks here:LOL:

Bienvenue, Robin. All levels of cooking ability are represented by this bunch and we trade ideas, recipes, tips, and even our disasters. So come on in and join the club.

urmaniac13 said:
Surely, Robin!! We are all here to help and entertain each other, having great fun along the way... I hope you will just jump in and mingle with us... by the way there are also many "guys" who are excellent cooks here:LOL:
lol. oops. That was a typo. .I swear. :sleep:

If you tried to serve cream of tarter to your family well blah! lol! Welcome to DC Robin!

Cameron

Welcome to your New Home Robin, May You find it as Warm, and Friendly as we do ! Grab a Cup of Joe and settle in don't forget to come by the Games and Jokes . Welcome Home ! :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom