New and inspired to cook more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactus

Assistant Cook
Hi,

My name is Kathy and love reading the posts here. I have some questions and will post them on other boards (like Cookware and also the Knives board.)

I have a husband of 5 years (but we've been together 14 years of those 5) and we have 2 kids. Matthew is 3 and Kristina is 1. They are a handful so sometimes dinnertime makes me too crazy to cook a lot of dishes.

I am into simple cooking but the more I learn, the easier the more difficult dishes will become. We've just remodeled a small rancher into a 2-story Colonial over the past 5 years (my hubby is a self-employed general contractor) and our new kitchen is finally done. It's beautiful, not huge, but definitely not tiny, as it is open to the large dining area. The amount of space and the beauty of the kitchen is actually inspiring me to cook more.

I've recently upgraded my cookware and utensils and have poured over the posts on the Cookware board. I've upgraded my knives and have yet to read the Knives board! I'm even starting a dish within the hour to supplement our grilled chicken for tonight's guests, my in-laws (whom I love), brother-in-law and his friend.

Fortunately, being a stay-at-home-mom comes in handy if I want to start cooking early in order to enjoy company later (in between diaper changes, cleaning up the kids' dinner, and policing their activities). Thank you for reading about me!

Kathy in Cape May, NJ

Hi Kathy,
welcome to the group. I'm glad you found us and hope to see you here often.

kadesma:)

So glad to have you here. Oh Lord, I need a new set of knives. I will have to check out the forum for some help too. :)

Back
Top Bottom