new and need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smartty

Assistant Cook
Hi - never even talked to people on-line before but I need to make sure I have the correct spelling of Lemon Blurre Blanc? Can anyone verify? Thanks!!!

I believe you mean Lemon beurre blanc. (french for "white butter")

:) Also, welcome to the forums!

Welcome aboard!

Yes. buerre blanc means white butter and lemon buerre blanc is lemon flavored butter. The "white" means that the butter is melted but not allowed to darken in the pan.

Ciao from Rome, Smartty!!
You have come to the right place for any questions regarding cooking and food, so don't be shy and bring them on!! I hope you will soon find out how much fun hanging with all the knowledeable and helpful people here, but be careful, too, it can easily be too addictive for your own good!!:ROFLMAO:

Hope to see you around often!!

This should break down all of the french butter terms for you

Beurre: French for Butter.

Beurre blanc: French for white butter. Delicate sauce made from shallots, white wine, vinegar and butter.

Beurre Manie: a thickener made by combining 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour and formed into small balls. A thick, buttery paste will result.

Beurre Noir: French for black butter. Butter cooked to a dark brown, not black; traditionally flavored with capers and an acid such as lemon or vinegar.

Beurre Noisette: French for brown butter; Made by melting butter until it turns a light brown.

thank you

Thank you sooo much!!! You are so helpful! I look forward to learning much more! Smartty

Back
Top Bottom