New Forum Member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary Bankston

Assistant Cook
Hey everybody. I'm new here and introducing myself, like any of you probably care. I'm a master at modifying anything that comes in a box, can, or any other kind of packaging, and otherwise ruining good food (in my wife's opinion).

I love to cook, but betting most of you wouldn't want to eat any of it when it's done. Since I have allergies to a number of foods (just three, eggs, nuts, and oats), I've pretty much figured out how to find other tastful foods to fill the gap. Do I miss these ingredients? Does my final product taste any different? I haven't a clue, I've never tasted things with these ingredients in them.

Many say I have a very dry sense of humor, so be forewarned that if I ever say anything that rubs you the wrong way, I probably meant for you to laugh at it.

Happy almost Monday to all,
gb:chef:

Hey, Gary! Welcome to the group...but let's not rush into Monday. I like to stretch out the weekend as long as possible...:LOL:

Some important things to remember about putting off tomorrow. You're putting off the time until next weekend too! On the other hand, wishing it was Friday just puts the next Monday all that much closer.

I think something is burning on the stove,
outta here.

gb

Gary, your humor has certainly found the right place! So glad you're here.

Now that you've mentioned your mastery, you must, of course share with us your greatest re-vamping of a familiar boxed food. Or, if you'd rather, you can make a big vat of it, and we'll all be over at your house in an hour.

Thanks all for responding with a friendly welcome.

One of you asked about an out of the box recipe. Great examples today were an apple crisp (frozen to the oven) to which I added raisins that I had soaked in Captain Morgans Rum for several hours, followed by cinnamon, their graham cracker butter crust, and then just a dusting of some powdered sugar.

Dinner was a simple minute rice steamed with bullion, and then added to fried pork sausage, and fried some more. Usually I add diced green and red peppers, and onion, but my wife put the nix to adding anything tonight. Still, I beat the 30 minute meal deal.

gb

img_277624_0_fa796ebf3b1b27a093fd9b951303d000.gif

Welcome Gary, I sense that you'll fit in great here! :)

Welcome Gary! I'm sure you will love it here. Many of us are crazy--Have fun figuring out which ones! Some are fairly obvious!!

:) Barbara
2.gif

Back
Top Bottom