New From CT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

avalondeb

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie from Stamford, CT. If you've ever met someone who loves to cook but is TERRIBLE at it, that is me!!:rolleyes:

Seriously, for the last two years, I have been working very hard on improving my cooking skills. I've attended about a dozen classes at the CIA and spend almost every weekend trying out new recipes.

I'm hoping to learn more from all you experts here!

Welocome to DC deb,WE are not all experts here but there are some. Most are here to learn and have fun with great folks.If your just beginning to cook, this is the place to be.

The CIA has nothing on this place :)

Seriously though, you will hopefully find a lot of real world advice and tips and tricks here that you would not find in a classroom setting. In the classroom they (not always) usually teach you how to do things one way. Here you will find tons of different ways to do the same thing. Through trial and error you will find what works best for you.

Welcome to the site. I am sure you will love it here.

Hello Deb and welcome!! we are all glad that you have found us here, I hope you will enjoy hanging with us here and share a lot of fun!!:)

Welcome to DC. You will find answers to any questions that you may have, just ask away. Everyone is very free with their help and advise.

I'm not an expert at cooking... but I am pretty darn good at welcoming new people to the group! WELCOME!!!! Enjoy!!!

GB said:
In the classroom they (not always) usually teach you how to do things one way. Here you will find tons of different ways to do the same thing.

Excellent point, GB - when you ask a question here, you will normally get a lot of tried & true answers - from some professionals & a lot of amateur home cooks, like yourself (& myself!) :D

Welcome, Avalon!

Corinne from Mystic

WOW!!! Thanks for all the welcomes!! I will be sure to ask questions, I sure need help!!! Thanks again!

img_282607_0_0a33010a38adc46178df38d3bb21d8a5.gif

To DC, Deb! It's great to have you here! :chef:

of course some of us are CIA trained so you will get that here too, (and I'll bet many other schools as well).

I hope anyone who likes to cook and can, will take some classes at a local culinary school when offered to the public. It is so much intense fun and good eats! Plus you'll make all kinds of new friends and on line buddies.

welcome

Back
Top Bottom