New from Kansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mavisbelle

Assistant Cook
Hi to all, I love to cook and try new things. It is just me and my husband and he is not very adventurous about new things. Some of my kids come to eat Sunday dinner and I am always trying to find new things that will pass through their picky palates. We have a diabetic in the family and that is a challenge to get the carbs down for her. I live on a farm and two of my sons are active in farming. My husband is retired and I am a speech-language pathologist and have been for 38 years. I love to garden and am getting geared up to start all of my seeds here very soon just to follow up with my canning. I have a new gas stove that I am so excited to use this summer for canning. I too am an animal lover. I have two ancient geratric cats and one that is middle aged. We also have 3 rescue dogs and a weiner dog that I actually paid for! I raise chickens and have wonderful eggs. Own two goats that we use for lawnmowers. They have quite the character about them. This is all followed up with cattle. Most belong to our sons but we have a few. I am anxious to be part of a cooking group!:LOL:

Welcome to DC!!!!

I've got a black thumb for growing anything, but am anxious to grow some things this coming year. Expect questions!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom