New from Ohio.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

derailedbus

Assistant Cook
Hi all! I've been lurking for a bit and found this forum extremely informative for my newfound passion for cooking. Im a 36 y/o bachelor, and for most of my life have been living off fast food or gifted girlfriends. Since I've sworn off of the latter for awhile, and since I've always been one to learn to do it myself, I decided to start cooking for myself. At first it was just pre-made meals, but at some point, watching Food Network all the time ignited something in me. I've been trying absolutely everything I can, and despite a few apartment evacuations and ruined meals, I'm still extremely excited about learning all of this. The progression has been through my comfort levels: slow-cooker, stovetop, and now I'm starting to feel comfortable with the oven. My dogs still retreat to the safety of the crate when they here sizzling, but I assure you I'm learning by leaps and bounds. Anyways, I'd like to express my appreciation for all the helpful people on here. I'm an active member of a Harley forum, a chainsaw forum, and now a cooking forum!

Welcome to DC, Derailed! Good stuff to be found here!

Last edited:
Hi all! I've been lurking for a bit and found this forum extremely informative for my newfound passion for cooking. Im a 36 y/o bachelor, and for most of my life have been living off fast food or gifted girlfriends. Since I've sworn off of the latter for awhile, and since I've always been one to learn to do it myself, I decided to start cooking for myself. At first it was just pre-made meals, but at some point, watching Food Network all the time ignited something in me. I've been trying absolutely everything I can, and despite a few apartment evacuations and ruined meals, I'm still extremely excited about learning all of this. The progression has been through my comfort levels: slow-cooker, stovetop, and now I'm starting to feel comfortable with the oven. My dogs still retreat to the safety of the crate when they here sizzling, but I assure you I'm learning by leaps and bounds. Anyways, I'd like to express my appreciation for all the helpful people on here. I'm an active member of a Harley forum, a chainsaw forum, and now a cooking forum!

Ohio eh? One of those crazy drivers that get in front of me on the interstate no doubt. :angel: Kidding! Nice to meet you :) :) Susan

I won't even try to defend the Ohio drivers, Merlot. They're part of the reason that I rarely even leave my own place anymore.

I won't even try to defend the Ohio drivers, Merlot. They're part of the reason that I rarely even leave my own place anymore.

For the record my family lives in Medina and they drive just fine here or there :D I think :ermm: :LOL:

Merlot said:
For the record my family lives in Medina and they drive just fine here or there :D I think :ermm: :LOL:

My sister lives near Medina!!! I was there in November.

Welcome Derailed.

hello, and welcome to dc, derailed. this is a fun place to land if you like to eat and cook. lots of talk about everything revolving around food, and all other sorts of topics too....stick around and join the cacophony.... :)

hmm, no one offered me cacophony when i joined.

what's it taste like?
;)

welcome, db, from the state that's hi in the middle and round on the ends...

Last edited:
Merlot said:
I love it there, but what is the deal with all the ponds, everyone has a pond in there front or back yard :huh:

Funny, I noticed that too!

Don't laugh, both the chainsaw and the Harley reside in my kitchen! Merlot, I grew up in northern Ohio farm country. The ponds were a safety measure for barn or house fires in the country, as plentiful as the hydrants in the city.

Welcome..

Watching the food network will inspire ya everytime. And if you have any trouble
this is definetly the place to get help.

Don't laugh, both the chainsaw and the Harley reside in my kitchen! Merlot, I grew up in northern Ohio farm country. The ponds were a safety measure for barn or house fires in the country, as plentiful as the hydrants in the city.
I've always wanted a pond...but it was for the Newfies...now I have another justification for digging one--and the fire hydrant would have a dual purpose--the male dogs could use it, and it could be used to put out a fire...I think I might be able to convince the engineer...oh, by-law won't let me do that...wonder if my neighbours would complain...

Last edited:
Welcome derailedbus. I'm from Cleveland but live in South Carolina - don't get me started on drivers! At any rate, hope you find a lot of good stuff here.

Ah thanks for that info :) it's very pretty either way!
A Harley in your kitchen? :ohmy: I couldn't even fit a tricycle to hang out in mine :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom