New from Pennsy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Girliegirl

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone! everyone canned in my family but me... so I am getting into it.... pickles anyone? lol...... I know the deal but really never did it... help my mom and aunt but not on my own............ looking for a mentor I guess! I live in PA, born and raised in NJ... All my family settled in PA from Germany and never left the area......... Only Dad did....

Thank you! I have to learn this forum.......... is there a spot on it that you can look up all you lists and postings? I guess it will take time...

Welcome to DC. I'm fairly new to canning and am a complete gardening newbie. I've learned a lot from the folks on here. You will fit right in!

Welcome. I don't do canning- seem to enjoy freezing instead, but I am sure there are lots out there who do canning.

Howdy!!
Welcome to D.C.!
Where in PA are you from? Mrs Hoot has kin in Mechanicsburg. She used to live in Carlisle.
We have a number of friends there and used to really enjoy going to Jubilee Day. I gotta get back up there for that, maybe next year.

Buongiorno from Italy and welcome!

I'm not into canning, but you remind me of some weekends of my childhood days spent preparing and bottling HUGE quantities of tomatoes! (To say nothing of the wine bottling saturdays...)

Howdy!!
Welcome to D.C.!
Where in PA are you from? Mrs Hoot has kin in Mechanicsburg. She used to live in Carlisle.
We have a number of friends there and used to really enjoy going to Jubilee Day. I gotta get back up there for that, maybe next year.

Do you really live at the edge of the Great Dismal Swamp? How is the smoke today? We got it and a nasty smell about 3 times since the fire started. I am sure glad I don't live down there.:sick:

Do you really live at the edge of the Great Dismal Swamp? How is the smoke today? We got it and a nasty smell about 3 times since the fire started. I am sure glad I don't live down there.:sick:
I live a just a few miles from the Dismal Swamp, but several miles from Lake Drummond, which is very near the fire.The smoke yesterday wasn't too bad. That means that the wind was carrying it off to aggravate folks elsewhere. This morning it isn't very bad, just a whiff of smoke is detectable. We have had smoke off and on nearly all summer, There were fires south of us in Pender and other counties. I reckon it will likely take a major rainfall to put it out completely.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom