New from the California Wine Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheers2wine

Assistant Cook
I'm new to this forum. My interests are in wine, cooking, and dining out. I live in Northern California surrrounded by a number of wine regions. My husband and I spend a lot of our time visiting wineries throughout California sampling different wines.

We belong to a wine tasting group made up of 6 couples. We take turns meeting in each other's houses for wine tastings and an occasional gourmet dinner as well. We've been doing this for 29 years. I don't consider myself a wine expert by any means...but I have tasted a lot of wine.

I'm looking forward to these forums as they seem to cover my interests so well.

Cheers!
Kathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I'm so glad you're here! Welcome to the family! Great website, btw

About 10 years ago, I developed allergies to most all wines (the horror!!!) but one of the only ones I can drink is from up near you - Martin & Weyrich's Moscato Allegro up in Paso. I've only been up to their tasting room only once, but fortunately a local wine shop stocks them.

Welcome to the forums Kathy! Our interests are quite similar - up until this past January, we lived for at least a hundred years in northern Calif. in great wine country - Healdsburg, and Placer County (right next to El Dorado County, which is doing some great things with wines now)

We're now in Washington - yes, another great wine area!! Have to follow the grapes, you know... ;)

"I don't consider myself a wine expert by any means..." - good for you! There is always more to learn and love about wines.

Welcome, Kathy! You and I share a lot of the same interests.:)

"I don't consider myself a wine expert by any means..." - me neither. The more I learn about wine, the more I realize how much there is I don't know! It's become nearly an obsession!

Hello from the California Wine Country. I have visited many times and it is truly beautiful. I live in Southern California.

You will like DC and learn many new things.

Jill and Jolis

Welcome, I have friends who live in Santa Rosa which I think is near your area (could be completely wrong though)
I like jkath, am allergic to most wine, its the sulphur apparantly which is unfortunate because my uncle has a vineyard and winery in the Hunter Valley here in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom