New girl's got mega question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1.cookin.mother

Assistant Cook
hey ya' all how's everyone doing this is MY offical first post.... I am a
mom of three and always lookin for new ways to cook and new foods to try I am coming up with a lot of new stuff.... My question is I got a "western" cut pork rib which yes, I know it is not a real "rib" but my question is what would be the best way to prep this meat I was thinking of a seasoned short boil then a dry rub marinade then after that should I GRILL ON A GRILL OR COULD i USE THE FORMAN WITH OUT CLOSING(WHICH i DO ALOT ) OR SHOULD i POSSIBLY BAKE. AND WHAT EVER SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE INCLUDE A COOKIN TIME i HAVEN'T EVER DONE THIS CUT OF MEAT AND I AM AFRAID TO OVER COOK BUT AFRAID IT MAY BE TOUGH CUT AND WANT IT TENDER AND ALMOST FALLIN APART ..... DON'T ASK FOR MUCH DO I LOL
:-p :unsure: :chef:

Nice username :LOL:
Maybe your mind needs to go where mine does...... :ermm:

I cook these all the time. I even made some at the request of my neighbor this past weekend and by far, the quickest and tastiest way to cook them is to season them with your favorite rub, sear them on the grill (your GF grill should work), and throw them in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes above the cooking liquid. They won't even need barbeque sauce they will be so juicy and tasty. Do a search using my name and ribs and you should come up with pics and how I do them.

And welcome.

Oops, edited to add..... you'll need a pressure cooker of course. But if you've been looking for a reason to get one, this is it! Less than an hour and it tastes like they've been cooking 3x as long.

welcome!!

pacanis - you've got me wanting a pressure cooker now, you know!

:LOL:
I'm tellin' ya.... If I could buy a PC or a mixer, blender, crock pot.... PC every time :) And I don't even use it for half of what it can do.

I melted the valve on a Tramontina Pressure Cooker. QVC is sending me a new one. I called Tramontina.

They said when using their PC:

Set the pressure valve and DO NOT TOUCH IT AGAIN unless you cool the pot down first.... The PSI is not to be changed while it is hot.

Then heat on MEDIUM HEAT/ not hotter!... and wait for the RED PRESSURE BUTTON to pop up. When it does IMMEDIATELY REDUCE the HEAT to LOW/MED... and wait till your recipe time is up. It should keep at an even heat. Then turn off the heat totally, remove pot from electric burners, (they stay hot longer....) and wait wait till the red button goes down, and all is cooler. THEN, and only THEN release the remaining steam.

Even though the blue valve is bakelite it will melt if it gets over 400 degrees for an extended amount of time.

SO I ordered another TRAMONTINA, got the 8 quart instead of the smaller. It should hold more, and have less clogging. It is a really nice pot.

Also the blue valve turns counter clockwise.... and must be removed to be cleaned... often.

NO ONE TOLD ME ANY OF THAT FIRST. IT IS NOT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS! They just assume you know.

-------JULIA CHILDS WE MISS YOU!!!!!

Candy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom