New Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everybody, thought I would introduce myself a little bit at least. My real name is John, TFT is fine by me. I am an amateur author and cook, with a BS in Geologic Stuides-High Grade Metamorphism. I just want to write and cook, though. Rocks are pretty awesome too.

Born in the UP, and still visit five or six times a year, primarily for the sights and food, but also for family. If you ask me about pasties or cudighi, I will talk your ear off, but I'm here to learn more than brag :LOL:

Messed up my age, too. So now if I post in the alcoholic forums, people will say 'you are only twenty!'. I'm older than that, however.

Nice to meet ya'll, and from what I got so far I won't be able to cook all the awesome stuff I see on here. Thanks again!

T.F.T.

Welcome, TFT. You're absolutely correct, you'll never be abe to cook all the great things you'll find here each and every day. We all learn from each other, and often surprise ourselves.:LOL:

JoeV

You'll soon learn who to ask for different opinions. Seems like there's an expert on here for every specialty you can think of! They are a wonderful source of information and they are a fun bunch of people too!

Welcome, glad you chose to join in!
May I ask what is in the picture of your avatar? What did you stuff them with??(assuming you made them) They look tasty!

Alright, I spelled my name wrong...doh! Not like it matters anyways. But, the avatar is a pasty. Pronounced Past-eeee. It's a upper peninsula of Michigan specialty, but I didn't make those ones. I don't have a picture on my computer, just got a new one. But the ones I make are filled with ground chuck, Cudighi (UP Specialty Sausage), potato, rutabega, onion, celery, and a little Chow Chow (Another UP Specialty, I think).

I can link you some sites for them, they are amazingly delicious, gotta be careful with the recipes though, some aren't even close to what they are supposed to taste like, they just look similar. All the dough is hand rolled and crimped too, delicious :)

Back
Top Bottom