New here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aoi_aka

Assistant Cook
Hello everybody!

I had typed up this long and convoluted introduction but it sounded more like I was whinning than introducing myself.

So, these are the best parts. I'll spare you the rest:

I love to eat and my favorites are the ones that are bad for you. My favorite condiment is mayonnaise. I eat it on just about anything I can put mayo on. I don't like rice unless it's plain white rice with nothing on it but nothing. Fried rice is okay.

I used to drink but one day it made me sick so I stopped. One beer gets me drunk. I like to drink a shot of sake or shochu once in a while but anymore and it makes me light headed.

I give up my first newborn for a nice tuna filet (don't have either). Sushi is heaven for me. I'm a sucker for fried calamari (did I mention bad food?). I love bacon specially when it's crunchy and the white fat is fried really well.

I think that people who eat ice cream in winter are crazy. But in the summer, ice cream is so good. And speaking of summer, I don't like watermelon. Not even watermelon bubble gum.

I want to learn to cook Japanese food and some day make my own bento. I need my own kitchen to accomplish that. I live with my parents and whatever kitchen utensils I buy, end up in mom's kitchen.

I hate Rachel Ray but adore Alton Brown. I have my own copy of Better Homes and Gardens cookbook which has helped me out so many times. I tried baking bread but it never came out right.

Dad thought I should become a chef 'cause he thought my food was good. I don't know what he was talking about. I just followed the recipe. That does not make one a chef.

That's it for now. I think I still sound whinny, though. :blush:

:chef:Hello - I am crazy...I eat ice cream year round:ermm:Welcome-you will learn here and a lot of great folks to help...I like Asian/Cajun fusion cooking...go figure...have fun learning and sharing

Welcome to DC!! I like quite a few of the foods you mention but I can skip the mayo in long distances. I once had a friend that fancied a snack in the middle of the night and just ate a whole jar of mayo. Made her sick and it was month's before she could look at it again!! Her compulsion horrified me and even now, years later, I can only eat it in small amounts and usually flavoured as seafood dressing or aioli at that!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom