New in Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefjenwin

Assistant Cook
Hello All,

I'm new here as many seem to be, and found the site by chance, like many as well. I cook daily and actually start getting itchy if I haven't been able to for a few days. Raised in a family that loved to eat and shunned processed foods and sugars, I feel that I was given a very good base for respecting food and what goes into my body as well as my family's.

However, the last year of our lives has been truly hard with unexpected illnesses, deaths, money worries (who doesn't have those?) and other speed bumps. These have all contributed to a weight gain for both myself and my husband, and we don't like it nor are we used to it. So I am now on a path to figure out how to lose weight (thinking WW) while still being able to cook and eat without feeling as though we have given up a source of pleasure.

I think that's all for now. Thanks for listening!

- Jen

Welcome, Jen! Good to see you!

I am of the Portion Control of Healthy Foods Camp here at DC, when it comes to weight loss. All of us have some very good ideas on healthy cooking.

Feel free to jump in anytime, anywhere!

And for those days when you want to food splurge, the dessert forum is heavenly!

i agree, portion control is the key. i want a little of everything,rather than a strict no carb or sugar diet. chances are you will not feel so deprived. welcome to d.c. you will love it here.

Welcome to DC! I have been working on losing the baby weight. I started doing Yoga three times a week. That has really helped with the weight & it is so great to focus on breathing & stretching for an hour as opposed to all the things on my to do list! I have also limited my breakfasts to fruit & cereal. I only have white carbs at one meal, lunch or dinner & no cocktails except on date night. I still have to have a daily sweet, usually chocolate. It is not the fastest way to get back in shape but I can still enjoy all the foods I love. Good luck! :)

i agree, portion control is the key. i want a little of everything,rather than a strict no carb or sugar diet. chances are you will not feel so deprived. welcome to d.c. you will love it here.

As long as I don't approach the cheesecake with a knife, it remains one piece, right?:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom