"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Old 10-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

I'm Rosemary from Cape Cod, retired and very intersted in cooking, especiaslly learning to make pizza, pasta, and bread. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Romy328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
Master Chef
Hi, Rosemary. You sure came to the right place for getting some great recipes. And our members are the best. They will help you with any type of problem. I know you will enjoy it here.

Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
Executive Chef
Welcome Rosemary! So glad to have you here and I know you will enjoy the site.
Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Half Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:29 PM   #4
Executive Chef
Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Welcome to DC!
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
Master Chef
Cape Cod ya say. Hmmmm. Didn't Patty Page write a song 'bout your little corner of the world? And I believe it was a pretty good toon for its time.

You're gonna love DC. It's full of people who love everything about food, how to make it, how to eat it, how to present it, and how to throw it across the room at their kids for best effect. And yep, I'm the long winded one. Just ask BuckyTom.

But seriously, we have some very talented people around here, and from all over the world. There are few food related questions that can't be answered.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #6
Head Chef
Welcome. Do they really call you Romy? One of my best friends has that as her given name. It's the only time I've come across it (except, of course, Romy and Michelle's something or other, the movie). You're going to love this place.
"To be broke is not a disgrace, it is only a catastrophe." -- Nero Wolfe/Rex Stout
bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:05 PM   #7
Master Chef
Hi, Rosemary - and welcome to the DC family!

Take a few minutes to look around. If you're looking for information on making bread or pizza, or have questions about them, then you might want to check out our Bread, Cornbread, Sandwiches forum - and if you have a question about either you should post it there. If you want to make fresh pasta, you're not alone - several of us do - you might want to visit our Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains forum where we have discussed this.

Kick your shoes off - pull your chair up to the table .... there's always room for another member to the family at the table!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Michael in FtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:11 AM   #8
Executive Chef
Welcome to DC Rosemary! We have more to offer here than pizza, pasta and bread. Have fun running through the various topics and feel free to contribute as well.
boufa06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:54 PM   #9
Certified Pretend Chef
Welcome aboard!
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #10
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Welcome Rosemary! You will enjoy it here.

Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote