"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #11
Senior Cook

lol my last job was a chef at a mansion turned into an Inn, It was a blast. Unfortuanely it was seasonal work. so now I'm working at a mansion turned into an inn.. lol A mansion previously owned by Sam Jake.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #12
Senior Cook

and were also a inn that has a restaurant and banquet facility, we'll be able to pick each others brain.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #13
Cook

I'm starting @ Eaton Hall in around the 17th of January. It's in King City. It's stunning and I can't wait!! Look it up in the net.

Marko
Old 12-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #14
Everymom

Welcome aboard! Its nice to see another Canadian joining the ranks.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:24 PM   #15
Cook

I know, EH!
Old 12-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #16
Executive Chef

we live in a great age, not just because of fast shipping, but because of the interest in fine food and careful growing raising of it. I'm here in the mid Atlantic near to the seafood of the Chesapeake and the ocean, surrounded by mushroom country and Amish and organic farms growing spectacular fruit and produce, pastured birds and meats, fresh butter and artisinal cheeses. (there is a farm down the road that makes the best feta I've had outside of Bulgaria and Greece!)

And my area is not alone ... all over North America we are getting serious about regionality and such quality. So you will find the unique offerings of your new area. Enjoy the adventure, eh?
Old 12-30-2007, 03:18 PM   #17
Cook

Ontario offers much in the way of...well...everything! I'll be in a rural area in King City and I want to try to deal with local producers if I can. I'm going to be rewriting all menus and bringing the food up to the standard that the GM would like to see. They want this to be a "white glove" property. The culinary team and management has let thing sslide over the years and the idea is to restore it to its former glory.

In doing this, I want to not only bring the food up in presentation and complexity, but I want to use the freshest local ingredients I can find. I'm going to have to get my suppliers listed in a hurry so I can see where I'm going with the new menus.

It's roll up the sleeve time for me!!