"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 12-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
Cook

Howdy folks!

I am new here. I am a chef and a food writer looking to mix and mingle with other foodies. I have a blog where I write about cooking, dining, eating and wine. I have a lot of step-by-step demos with photos and a lot of recipes to share. I have tried to include a link to my site, but I'm too new here and must post 20 times before I can add a link. I hope to do so soon.

It's nice to be here and I hope to share with you.

Marko

Old 12-29-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Welcome to the group Marko!
Glad to have ya. What's your favorite thing to cook/eat??

Old 12-29-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
Cook

Hi!

I really don't have a favorite or a specialty. I was classically trained and learned international as well as French cooking. Once in the industry, Fusion Cuisine was what I specialized in which is a blend of many styles.

Marko
Old 12-29-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Sounds good to me!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #5
Executive Chef

hiya Marko, another chef here, and mom was from BC! welcome
Old 12-30-2007, 12:43 AM   #6
Senior Cook

Hello Marko,

I'm a chef over here in Ontario. I've been wanting to check out B.C. right after I do a circuit in California. (if that ever happens)

welcome to DC!

quick question, a buddy an I were talking about poutine last night. He doesn't think its served much in BC. is that true? is poutine a rarity?
Old 12-30-2007, 02:24 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Welcome to DC Marko! Fusion is pretty big in Perth, in fact, we have very few "pure" cuisines here!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:12 AM   #8
Chief Eating Officer

Old 12-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #9
Head Chef

welcome to DC marko!you'll love it here!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #10
Cook

Thanks all!! The group seems quite nice and friendly. That's a good thing!! Robo and Fincher...BC is the greatest place I have ever been and I am fortunate enough to live in Penticton. BC - right in the lap of the wine and fruit belt. The Okanagan (here) is where the best fruit I have ever eaten is produced and I am surrounded by lush vineyards and wineries. It's just about the best place for a chef to live other than beside the sea perhaps. But, that's a matter of perspective, huh?

Unfortunately, I an just packing up to move back to Toronto after 14 years of living in BC. I have a wonderful new gig as The Executive Chef of a mansion turned Inn and banquet facility that was built by the Eaton Family. Yes...the same family that started Eaton's department stores. Anyway...I have that and the love of my life waiting for me in Ontario. It's a strong enough combination to pull me out of the quiet mountain life I have known for so long.

I'll have the link to my cooking/dining blog up after I post 20 posts on the board here. I hope you will have a look and tell me what you think.

As for Poutine Fincher...I have seen it up in Whistler in some of the bars there. I ran it myself on a pub menu I had going as a part of a facility I ran up there for years. Whistler has a lot of French Canadiens, so poutine is a welcome inclusion to the food available. And did I mention...the French girls?! Ooh-la-la!!

Marko