The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knight76

Senior Cook
Hi all.

I found this site whilst surfing the net at work looking up sauce recipes, mostly the bechamel variations.

I am a novice cook who really enjoys cooking things and getting the final result to taste. It's like building something with your hands and getting to see the final results. Except this is with your tongue.

I can cook basic meals for the family like meat and 3 veg, roasts etc, can cook shortctust pastry for mince pies so I get by.

I am starting to get into learning cooking more things myself from scratch, instead of using a packet mix gravy I want to learn how to make this myself for example.

Currently I am into sauces and want to get some nice sauces under my belt mostly for family dinners like a nice steak sauce or sauce to have with lamb, a nice sauce for chicken etc. I have read about the mother sauces and started cooking bechamel which I can cook now, and veloute which I can cook.

I am in Australia btw and am sure I will have some questions about different things when I get the urge to cook them.

Anyway, thats me!

Welcome to DC,
glad to have you join us..Just jump in and ask questions our members are great at helping out.
kadesma:)

Thanks all, I have already learned some things I never knew and tried some stuff out, like grilling steak like a restaurant.

Great site.

Welcome to the forums. I hope to visit Australia some day!

I have visited New York and found it to be awesome. Just the sheer size of the city was mind blowing.

Sydney is my closest city and it's cbd (collection of sky scrapers) is tiny compared to New York.

I also spent time elsewhere in the states when there, LA, San Diego, Anaheim, Washington.

Another thing that struck me was the sense of history. Australia is really only an infant compared to the US and England to a further extent. There were items of history we saw that were older than our entire country. Mind blowing.

Hi, knight. Welcome to the best food/fun/life forum on the Internet.

I've been cooking for a very, very long time and love the help and information I've gotten from this site.

All you have to do is start asking questions. And, remember, the only dumb/stupid question is the one you DON'T ask.

We're happy you have joined us.

Hi, knight. Welcome to the best food/fun/life forum on the Internet.

I've been cooking for a very, very long time and love the help and information I've gotten from this site.

All you have to do is start asking questions. And, remember, the only dumb/stupid question is the one you DON'T ask.

We're happy you have joined us.

Thanks, well I have been cooking for a very, very long time also, just not very well. At least not compared to now.

Charcoal is still a carcinogen isnt it?

Last edited:
I have visited New York and found it to be awesome. Just the sheer size of the city was mind blowing.

I've only been in NY for about 8 months. It is in the rural part of Northern New York. I haven't been to New York City. We live on a dairy farm.

Which Washington were you at? DC or the State?

I wasn't aware that Australia didn't have too much history. I still hope to get there some day.

I could of swore that I welcomed you to the group... maybe not.... anyhow, welcome to DC!

I've only been in NY for about 8 months. It is in the rural part of Northern New York. I haven't been to New York City. We live on a dairy farm.

Which Washington were you at? DC or the State?

I wasn't aware that Australia didn't have too much history. I still hope to get there some day.

Don't get me wrong, we have history, it is just comparatively short compared to the US.

Considering:

1513 - First european settlers to US.
1788 - First european settlers to AUS.

The US declared it's independance in 1776, 12 years before we even had european settlers.

We visited Washington DC.

Oh, and I live about a 1 hour drive north of Sydney.

I am a big knights fan, but that isnt where my handle comes from.

I was born in Kurri Kurri believe it or not and now live on the Central Coast, near enough to Wyong.

Back
Top Bottom