new member-checkin' y'all out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Mark

Senior Cook
:chef:from florida-37 yrs. in kitchens-all venues-acf & wwoc member-now teach culinary arts @ local university & own culinary consultant firm-passion for food & people-fixin' to start own herb garden for the 1st time...need advice--interested in preserving old southern receipes while creating new twists--interested in new flavor profiles & new techniques...open-minded & knowledgeable yet still know i have a lot to learn...will check site 2 or 3 times a week...birthday coming up - 3/18 - 52 yrs. young...just too fat.

Last edited:
Welcome to Dc Chef Mark..
Happy that you've joined us..We now have a forum on herb gardening..Take a look and post a question if you'd like.

kadesma:)

Thank you, kindly, for your welcome...ingenious quote...I've never done 'chatrooms' - Please be patient w/me

Hi & welcome from Nebraska Mark-you came to the right place-friendly folk, good conversation. Say, you guys got a couple of OK football schools down there if I remember correctly.................................

Welcome to DC! I'm also starting my own little herb window box and have posted questions to which i've gotten great advice on in the gardening section! off out today to buy supplies!

Thank y'all for all your welcome(s)...I have a question to through out there...when beginning a window box and 3 gallon bucket herb garden; are there certain herbs to plant away from others? I don't know if it's a good idea to plant scallions w/mint-that kind of thing? Thank you!

Mint will take over anything it is planted with so i would never do mind with anything else. For the same reason, I never plant mint in the ground. I alway do it in some sort of container. I have a whiskey barrel I use for my mint.

My grandmother had mint growing in her yard. It made its way to her cement steps and split the steps right in half.

Hi Chef Mark - welcome to DC. Let me give you the grand tour:

Here is your area for discussing your herbs. It's full of knowledgeable people who are eager to help.

Secondly -
Chef Mark said:
52 yrs. young...just too fat
You shouldn't talk about me that way - we hardly know each other! ............... :glare:

Discuss Cooking would be a "bulletin board" versus a chat room. Chat rooms are scary places and this is.......oh...um..... :blush:...never mind.

Be forewarned that there is no cure for the addiction you are about to have with Discuss Cooking. :chef:

AND, last but not least -
Chef Mark said:
will check site 2 or 3 times a week
:LOL::ROFLMAO:
1.gif
:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Oh, that was a good one!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom