New member checking in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Wil

Cook
Hi folks. I am the chef of a small Gold Country cafe in California. The hotel the cafe is in was built in 1857 and is still one of the oldest eateries in the county.

I started in the kitchen at the ahawanee hotel in Yosemite CA in 1972 and had my own restaurant for 9 years. I married my lead waitress in 1973 and have raised 3 children with her. She is still my lead waitress and has been all through our marriage.

We grow many of our own organic herbs for home and the cafe and I also have 3 Koi ponds, 1 at the hotel.

that sounds like a great place, Wil! Welcome to our family - we hope you post some of your favorite recipes.

We'd love to see photos of your area too.

Sounds nice....well...I am about 13 and a half years old, and probabally one of the best yound chefs...just ask anyone here :)

Hi Chef Wil - so glad you found us. Every now and then will you drop us some bait and bait to us is a recipe :mrgreen:

Isn't it nice to find someone who fits your life so well as you found with your wife? (I think that sentence made sense, didn't it?)

Anyway, welcome to our home.

Thanks folks, I would be more than happy to chum the waters so to say with a recipe or 2 now and then, as a matter of fact here is one of my favs;

Blackened Shrimp
This is a spicy dish with lots of flavor and no culinary heat
Spice Rub
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Hungarian paprika
2 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
2 teaspoons dried tarragon leaves
1 teaspoon black pepper

To prep
mix 1/2 of the rub with 1/4 cup white wine and 2 tablespoons evoo and mix in large shrimp and mary for 10 to 15 minutes
Heat a cast iron ribbed grill to red hot and place the shrimp individually on it. Allow to blacken slightly before turning and blackening it on the other.

To serve
Place shrimp around a spinach salad dressed with hot balsamic and bacon vin. or with an order of French fries

Welcome to DC, Wil! =)

And thanks for the recipe ... I've been on a shrimp kick lately and this one sounds great.

:heart:
Z

Welcome Chefwil

I'm sure you will enjoy your time here with us. There is lots of good people here, knowledgeable and ready to help anyone. I would love to see that Restaurant. Im into Historic Restaurants. .:chef: :)

A big welcome Will, that's a beautiful area you live and work in. We have been there many times. Thank you for the recipe, it looks wonderful.

kadesma:)

Warm Welcome Wil. The Ahawanee Hotel is a deliteful site. Hope you enjoy the company here. Shrimp has always been a favorite. Thank you for the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom