New member from Ontario

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrismcphee

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I found this forum while looking for recipes for a pie maker. I'm a long-time member at Allrecipes (.com and .co.uk) and Chowhound but this forum certainly looks lively & interesting.

I'm an exiled Brit living just outside Toronto, from a family that has always cooked from scratch. Very few pre-prepared foods in our history!

Mum cooked French & Jewish, plus British of course, Dad cooked curries and terrines. My wife & I will cook anything from French to Indian to game meats to the obligatory English Sunday roast with Yorkshire puddings (which I finally perfected after many tries). That is not an exclusive list by the way - if it tastes good, we'll have a go.

Looking forward to sharing and picking up recipes.

Hey Chris - Welcome aboard!

I'm very interested in hearing about your game meat recipes, as well as your British food. I'm so glad you're here!

=0)

Hi all,

I found this forum while looking for recipes for a pie maker. I'm a long-time member at Allrecipes (.com and .co.uk) and Chowhound but this forum certainly looks lively & interesting.

I'm an exiled Brit living just outside Toronto, from a family that has always cooked from scratch. Very few pre-prepared foods in our history!

Mum cooked French & Jewish, plus British of course, Dad cooked curries and terrines. My wife & I will cook anything from French to Indian to game meats to the obligatory English Sunday roast with Yorkshire puddings (which I finally perfected after many tries). That is not an exclusive list by the way - if it tastes good, we'll have a go.

Looking forward to sharing and picking up recipes.

My kids have visited Brampton. Welcome to DC. I live on the USA side of the border, in Sault Ste. Marie, MI. I'll be crossing into the Soo Ontario area this spring, to go fishing with a good friend who lives on your side of the St. Mary's River. I've been tying flies all winter, and have a pretty good assortment going.

I cook anything from anywhere, so long as I have the available ingredients. And if I don't know how to make it, someone on this site does. It's a very friendly place. And yes, we even let Canadians join.;)

We're happy your here, to share recipes, techniques, and friendship.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Welcome aboard Chris. :chef:

DC has a notorious Pie Maker Cult. You name it we probably have it. It's a lively section.
We all have fun enjoying each others company, recipes and suggestions there. We'll save you a seat.:)

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom