New member from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camper226

Assistant Cook
I found this site this morning while looking at chili. I took delivery of a slow cooker yesterday so I decided to make some chili after my night shift. I used chili powder that was too hot. I picked it up in some Indian store some time ago in Hamilton, Ontario. I had forgotten how hot it was. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with my wife.

This is NOT the typical chili spice that you find in a grocery store. I did some google searches and came upon this site, hoping to find something to cool down this batch. I will be eating most of this myself (raising my endorphin level) and give some to my stepson. He’s not a real fan of hot spicy food but will eat just about anything.

I like cooking. At the moment, I’m working on some Indian recipes. I like to duplicate what I like in a restaurant. This will keep the costs down for eating out. I bought a cheap pressure cooker and like the idea of pressure cooking so much that I bought a larger and better one on e-Bay. I bought a bunch of lentils and some spices on Saturday. Cooking is a hobby, not a chore for me.
:rolleyes:

Welcome to the site! Sadly, your chili is likely going to remain hot. The only way to "cool it down" is to make a batch without any spice and mix the two together. That should take the edge off, but will leave you with leftovers galore!

Bienvenue, camper. Keep 'sperimenting. That's what makes your hobby endlessly interesting.

Fellow Canadians and others from around the globe are here to offer advice and commiserate.

Hey Camper! Nice to meet you, and I like the turtle!
This site will be a plethora of great info for you, and you'll make many friends along the way.

welcome camper,,,, there are lots of good folks here that dont even mind if u r canadian....just kidding, I am from Michigan so I can pick on ya a lil bit

my advice for your chili is try adding something sweet ..... if it werks in a small bowl add it to the batch might not like it so I wouldnt add it till I tried it in a bowl, but a touch of some sweet bbq sauce might help, hope tha helps

and again welcome to DC:cool:

welcome camper.

i've found nuts such as peanuts and cashews will help cut the heat in a dish. it works in thai and chinese food, so why not in chili. you could try chopped roasted peanuts or cashews, or even try par-boiling them and add them whole.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom