New member here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moon Flower

Washing Up
Hi,

My love is cooking, sharing ideas on it, learning more and making friends. I will come here when I can, but my education comes first, cos in a week's time I start part time university on a degree course (BSc.Eng, 4 years UCAS inc a one year's foundation) in Astronomy, Physics and Math.

Mum taught me to cook. My faves are roasts, bbq, chicken and deserts. But what I love the best is making chocolates. Also marzipan pecans, rose and violet creams, crystalising petals and glace fruit.

Presently I am on holiday in Greece. Its my first time. The food, the island, its pretty fishing boats is an experience I have never known before. Tonight the sunset was amazing!

By the way, I am 13. Linux is my foster mum. Shes the most awesome Mum in the world.

love, Jill

It is great to have you here Jill! You will fit in perfectly.

Marzipan pecans sound amazing! I absolutely love marzipan. I first had it as a young boy in Southy in Boston and it became one of my favorite food memories.

It is great to have you here Jill! You will fit in perfectly.

Marzipan pecans sound amazing! I absolutely love marzipan. I first had it as a young boy in Southy in Boston and it became one of my favorite food memories.

Homemade marzipan is quite labour intensive, but miles better than shop bought. I like to glaze mine with a strong sugar solution so when it dries on the confectionry, it goes sparkly. Pecans are yummy.

Thanks for your warm welcome GB. :)

Hmmm...

I think this may be the first time we've been described s 'rad'.

Its a board surfer's term. means your forum is really awesome. :)

welcome moon flower.

that was brilliant about the education thing, in case your mom is lurking. you know moms...

I've already "spoken" with you elsewhere on the site, but I want to give an "official" welcome! I'm glad you're here Jill!

:)Barbara

Welcome to DC Jill! Have a blast!

Thank you Princess Fiona. I'm having a super time here! What a pretty username you have. :)

Welcome to DC Jill! I'm sure you will fit right in.

Thanks DaveSoMD, I feel part of the gang already. :)

I've already "spoken" with you elsewhere on the site, but I want to give an "official" welcome! I'm glad you're here Jill!

:)Barbara

And thank you also Barbara L. I feel special to be among such sweet nice people.

Well, I've not long been home after a long flight from Kalymnos and like Mum, feeling a bit jet lagged and sleepy. The seats in the Airbus 731 were cramped, but the flight departure was on time unlike the 5 hour delay from LGW. I couldn't sleep, but watched a hilarious film of Mr Bean in the carpark. Just love Rowan Atkinson! :LOL:

Now it's unpacking time and I've bagged 2nd in line for the washing machine. Mum Lyra got hers in first. She's well practised like that you know. ;) But she's asked me to write up about my holiday and share it with you, so sometime soon when I get some lovely pics together, that is what I will do. But in the meantime, I wanted to share a picture that summed up the beauty of Kalymnos and this, although belonging to Mum Lyra sums up I think, the calmness and serenity of a sunset which is so typical of this gentle Dodecanese island.

love, Jill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom