New Member in Tennessee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

songofpraise

Assistant Cook
Hi all!
I just found this site and it looks like it is great! I'm not the world's best cook but love to try new things. Being the oldest of five siblings and the only girl it is shocking in our family that I don't cook but the four boys do!

I am helping a flea market concession stand that has only a microwave and a toaster oven. They have been microwaving the worst hamburgers in the world and trying to sell them. I am trying to find a way to make a statement with a good hamburger but have only those two appliances to cook it with. Anyone have a suggestion? Toppings are not a problem, I have those in control, but the meat they use taste like cardboard or old carpet.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

Thanks and I look forward to talking with you all.

Welcome to DC, nice to have you with us.
For you question, is there any way you could find a electric griddle or fry pan ? Otherwise, I am clueless, can't believe that is all you have to cook burgers on - sad. Good luck though.

Hi, songofpraise. Welcome to DC. We're happy you've found us.

I, too, am the oldest of 5, but I've been cooking for nearly 50 years so I'm just a little ahead of you in the learning curve.

Ouch! I don't think I'd want a "quarter-pounder of old carpet" either.:( I use my microwave and toaster oven all the time, but have never cooked hamburgers in them. But, don't fret, answers will come soon.

While you're waiting, why don't you browse through our forums to see all the goodies offered there.

Welcome! Glad to see another from the sunny south. I have relatives in each end of Tennessee. You will find plenty to enjoy here no matter what stage of cooking you are pursuing.

Miss Songofpraise...

Welcome to DC....

If you can use a charcoal grill you will triple + the sales of burgers! The smell alone will have folks going nuts for them not to mention a better product.
Depending on the volume you are trying to produce, look at a Weber 18 in or the larger 22 in. The price is right and they do a great job on burgers! A ice chest lined in foil will help you get ahead in your cooking! Be prepared for long lines!!!:LOL:

Good luck, have fun, and Enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom