New member in the group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello to all:
Since this is my first thread I'll tell a little about myself:chef: I enjoy grilling when I can trying anything that I hear about or come across. My equipment isn't much to be proud of but it gets the job done, I have tried cooking/grilling with propane but it didn't work out.

I can only ask everyone out there if they have a favorite food, cooking method or chef that they like. I got started by the chef's on TV but the one I admire is Jeff Smith who had a series called the frugal gourmet. I am also into dutch oven cooking and enjoying it very much.

Hey there ribs. From one newbie to another, welcome to the group!

Bobby Flay is pretty good. He even has a series called BBQ with Bobby Flay on Food Network that you might want to check out if you haven't seen it already.

Thank you all

I want to thank those who welcomed me into the group. Yes I have watched Bobby Flay now & then, although I wish I had his kind of grill. That must have cost a pretty penny:)

For the most part I like to keep an eye on the Good Eats show and record any that catches my intrest.

Hey Ribs, Welcome from yet another newbie here!

I'd say my favorite cooking methods lately are baking and stir frying.

Don't know much about the current crop of TV chefs but grew up watching Jeff Smith, Martin Yan and occasionally Julia Child. All excellent.

hi and welcome to DC. I used to watch Frugal Gourmet years ago, in fact I have two of his books.

Welcome to another newbie. At least you had the nerve to post. Congrats. This is going to be fun. What's better than talking about food? Cooking and eating it of course.

Hello and welcome to DC! I too used to watch the Frugal Gourmet, and am a fan of both Good Eats and Bobby Flay. Right now I am looking at a cookbook (or rather trying to get DW to look at it for Fathers Day) by Mario Batali called Italian Grill.

the one I admire is Jeff Smith who had a series called the frugal gourmet.

First Ribs, welcome to a wonderful family of great chefs in their own right. The people you'll find in here are genuine and very helpful. Glad you found this web site.

I watched Julia from age 6. She interested me even then. I've watched several chefs over the years, many I can't even remember. The ones who inspire me now are the really imaginative ones, like John Besh or Michael Simons [many who are on Iron Chef America for instance] or ones whose names are now escaping me. The food I like to cook best is home cooking. I like honest food. Nothing pretentious just good old fashioned really full of flavor food. Being Norwegian and having grandparents that I watched who mentored me in cooking, gave me an edge in the proper way to season etc. Baking, cooking, experimenting they all give me great pleasure in the kitchen, yours or mine....:-p
This Jeff Smith? Many chefs have inspired me too but not him. You can find out more about this now deceased ex minister, here.

I watched Julia from age 6.

Wow, she started cooking when she was 6????
img_624872_0_907eeb1b3cefb351a243b070a1be817c.gif

Back
Top Bottom