New Member, New Wok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speckj40

Assistant Cook
Hello!! I'm Jill. I too am new. Love to cook Mexican food, traditional American and Italian. Just recently bought a wok and have started experimenting. Any great recipes will be appreciated!!

Hi Jill! Welcome to DC! Have a look around, some good food and great people here!

Hi Jill--Welcome to DC! You'll find a lot of wokkers (bad pun!) here! Stay away from the Pie Cult if you aren't ready to buy another new kitchen appliance!

Howdy and welcome to D.C.!!
I have several woks here at Casa de Hoot and I have several woks scattered at friend's houses so I don't have to drag mine up and down the road. The wok is one of the most versatile cooking devices ever invented (next to cast iron, IMHO). I am sure you will enjoy it here at D.C.!

Howdy and welcome to D.C.!!
I have several woks here at Casa de Hoot and I have several woks scattered at friend's houses so I don't have to drag mine up and down the road. The wok is one of the most versatile cooking devices ever invented (next to cast iron, IMHO). I am sure you will enjoy it here at D.C.!
Hoot, are you telling us you don't wok your wok around?

welcome, jill.

if you want to cheat at first, order some chinese takeout but get one of the dishes steamed with garlic sauce, brown sauce, szechuan, or sweet and sour sauce on the side.

when you eat the takeout, use the sauce sparingly to save a good amount to use with your new wok.

then, wok some velveted meat, some chinese type veggies, and add the sauce. it'll taste just like it was made in the restaurant. :)

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom