New Michigan guy here howdy dere folks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Howdy Bubba!!

Greetings from another resident of the mitten!

Pay no attention to Bucky - he wouldn't know a yooper from a troll if one of us dumped a cider on his noggin!! :-p He's a good guy though!

John

Hey! You are exactly 19 yo. older than me!! Two rules 1. Have fun 2. Meet new people!

Cameron

Hey Bubba; I'm one of da resident Yoopers 'round here. I hail from Sault Ste. Marie, MI. I go by Goodweed of the North cause I was a runty kid whose dad used to say "One of these days, you're gonna sprout up like a bad weed." Well, I'm still measuring in at 5'6". Never did sprout up like a bad weed, maybe like a barrel cactus though:ROFLMAO: (not really that bad. I work out a lot).

Like you, I have no formal cooking training, just a whole bunch of experience, a lot of trial and error, some scientific methodology, and a strong desire to know what works, why it works, and how to apply the knowledge gained. I've been at this for about 30 years now.

Love to talk, love to write, love to share, and love to get compliments about the things I prepare (love that swelled head feeling:mrgreen: ).

We sound a bit alike, don't we? Welcome. As all have said, you're going to love it here.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

thanks goodweed ... always nice to know the stories behind the name .I thought maybe you were just a stoner at first:cool:
now I know. Thanks everyone actually I feel all warm and fuzzy....almost willing to share my big pot of venison stew......almost:pig:

Sounds like there are a lot of nice folks here, and I have been reading alot of the old post, and recipies. You hosers really know your grub and I cant wait to try some of the stuff I and seeing on here.

I am going to try tostart keeping better track of all the way I make things so that hopefully I can share some recipies. I am more of a "do it by feel" kinda guy, wich is one reason I dont ever think I make the exact samedish twice. To me a recipie is a suggestion, unless it is my first time ever making that dish, or unless it is baking....then I have to dig out all dem lil cups and spoons with all the #'s and stuff....:mrgreen:

I usaually just add a pinch of this and a handfull of that and season to taste.....but I am sure most of you like to put your own spin on a recipe too

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom